Thread: is there a Firmware update for popbox (A200 or C200)

is there a Firmware update for popbox (A200 or C200)

I have been searching for this since a long time but I seems that I have not been able to use this with without the latest firmware update , I am a bit of a geek guy and want to test if it is really possible to cross flash the firmware with a each other, ( like for example we can flash a200 with a firmware with a c200 )does any here tried that out , I have ‘t did that , but has anyone from here , have done this ,as there are many things that matter here so please post me back if that is possible and the risk involved in it ,

Re: is there a Firmware update for popbox (A200 or C200)

I just don ‘t understand why do you want the hell to flash you pop box with a another one , when the company has not released one , the existing version works fine and is completely bug free so why the hell on the earth do you want to do that , I have been having this problem with other .I have not been using this for longtime but , I guess this shall void the warranty of your popbox the company would not replace it as you have flash it .

I suppose the is would be a simple change in the code of the version that you are using, I have been facing a same problem and I don‘t know what to do with that , so I have not done , it but , yes, it is bee a long time since the company has released the last version , and I don’t think that syabas would release one until they find a version for the pop box . it might then allow you to flash it with the c200 firmware , just in case you needed the programming lessons .

I am also very eager to try this one, but I am not planning to have one, until and unless the company releases one, for this, but I would not try that with the c200 update as that would leave the process in the incomplete update format if the company then decides to release a update for A200 . but , that was a really innovative though that you have inserted in my mind , I would really like you to have this one , as I would then think of doing that after you are successful in doing that .

However, I hesitation it's as simple as that, as one would be expecting that some efforts have been taken to "make certain" such feats Popbox firmware easier. There is some information about how to A200 and C200 many forums that is out there. I think it is a straightforward analysis of the firmware C200 hex editor and replacing it with a hardware token that means A200. I hope that help you out , I have not tried that by you surely can.

Something comparable would necessitate to be embarking on with the Popbox, somewhere the firmware is examine and an identifier is revealed for the 'model number' and subsequently that is subbed in the A200 firmware for instance and then that can be installed properly , so have now dropped my previous though for flashing this has been dropped seeking your comments .