Thread: Popcorn hour A-210 vs WD TV live Plus

Popcorn hour A-210 vs WD TV live Plus

Hi, I am planning purchase a media player, and in that I want it with a good SQ and PQ and it should be able to drive the HD audio and HD video signals to the AVR, off course Easy to use with good User Interface, and the most important thing is like I should be able to connect a Hard drive as well with it and concerning this configuration I have decided to buy either WD TV Live Plus or Popcorn hour A-210, and please if you have any more recommendation it is always welcome.

Re: Popcorn hour A-210 vs WD TV live Plus

That’s very good as you are planning to have a new media player, but let me tell you that you should buy WD TV Live Plus only, I have the same even and the another one is a crap, because I had this before the one I have, and it has many problems with the codec as well that we use with the videos. And more with that you cannot play the image files directly with the player, so for that you need to first of all burn them to CD and then only you can play it on the media player.

I have completely opposite opinion as the above user because I think the above user don’t know about the player and the functionality, because as far as I know A-210 plays BD ISO files as well whereas WD TV does not have support. After that A-210 has a superior end Sigma chipset which streams BD's rips better than the other one. With A-210 you can make use of movies jukeboxes such as YAMJ that you cannot play with WD TV.

I also has the same player and wholly agree with the above user, in fact there are numerous fault in the other player that you cannot figure out even, so according to me as well, you should buy the A-210 only. Other features includes you can make shortcuts to media which craft the browsing much more easy. It supports bit streaming and decoding of all High Definition audio protocols as well.

Let me tell you that both the player has the same Sigma chipset. In fact they are pretty much same but still they are distinct at some of the Extent like if you are concerning about attaching a hard drive them WD would be best player but if you concern the network share, so the PCH would be better to have, but still you need to be prepare about those boxes, as they all came with a headache.

I would be oppose on effortlessness of utilization, Just as the reality that the PCH has shortcuts considerably make simpler its operation. Lack of YAMJ or equal on the WD TV makes the WAF almost zero but at the other hand the WD TV Live Plus is a immense box with pandora, netflix and some good local streaming capabilities for an amazing price whereas PCH 200 series with its existing software is greatly better-off, more capable and easy to use platform for twice the price.