Thread: HP pavilion dv4-2160us not charging or run off AC

HP pavilion dv4-2160us not charging or run off AC

I buy this HP pavilion dv4-2160us laptop in last month and now it gives the battery charging problem on this system. When I try to to changer the laptop battery, then it will gives the problem. In this charging process, it displays "Plugged in, Charging" message. But in actual case, it will not do this battery charging. After sometime, when I check the laptop battery then it goes down, down, and down. If I try to unplug the laptop battery, then it immediately shuts off. I need help that will solve this complicated problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: HP pavilion dv4-2160us not charging or run off AC

If the notebook does not point out that the battery is charging, the mainly a situation is that the battery itself is operating correctly. The problem is actually based on the power management software. This software of the laptop has been corrupt and hence the laptop will be not able to charge the battery. Then you need to uninstall and reinstall the power management software by using the Device Manager. This is the best way that will be help to solve the charging problem.

For solving this problem, you need to unplug laptop battery from the AC adapter. Then just run the laptop using the battery. In this process, the battery drains but it doesn't recharge back up. This is will be work at some time. Then it will be stop working and automatically it does the shut down task on the laptop system. Then connect the AC power adaptor and then check the battery of the laptop. It will be indicating that the battery is properly works or not.

You need to first confirm that all the power cord connections of this laptop are secure. This will be done by checking all the power cable of the laptop. If there is something problem arrives on this connection, then you need to check the connector. It may be damaged in this laptop. Then use the other connector and see what happen. If it works fine then you need to repair laptop. Use the help of the HP service and support expert and do this task.

First you need to use the Power drain process. In this task, you just necessary to first disconnect the AC Adapter. Then just remove the Battery and press the Power button down for long time. The next step is to be change the laptop battery. After that you need to reconnect the AC adapter and turn on the laptop. This changing battery will be effective to this kind of problem. Then you just want to do this task and it will be help to solve the problem.

I am having the same problem with my HP Pavilion series laptop. In this laptop when I try to charge the laptop battery then it won’t work correctly. Hence I decided to replace this laptop battery. For selecting the good laptop battery I try to search it on the Google. Then I found that the problem is also related to the power management software. Then I check the software and I found that it not work correctly. Then I do reinstall process and it will be solve the problem.