Thread: Cannot recover Old Sony Vaio S360

Cannot recover Old Sony Vaio S360

Right now, I am having the old but very consistent sony vaio s360 at my home. I changed my hard drive recently and made recovery disk for that and it is a good idea to have the recovery option with you. It was a total set of 7 disks but unfortunately the last disk was damaged and it is not readable now. So the recovery is just running to 90 percent of it and cannot read the last disk of the set. Please tell me that what I should do to complete the recovery. Thank you.

Re: Cannot recover Old Sony Vaio S360

I have also faced the same problem earlier and was not able to resolve the issue. Then finally I contacted to Sony support (that I should do earlier). They charged me $20 for that but I got the complete set of the recovery disk again. So if you are not getting the solution for this then you can do the same. They are very good to the customer support and I am sure that you will get the best help from them.

I am not very sure that other recovery disk is going to help you. So what you can do is, just clean the optical drive and then see if the CD is getting detected or not. If all these things fail to solve the problem then you can do the reinstallation of the operating system. After doing the reinstallation, you can take the drivers as well as all the apps straight away from the Sony Support Site which is supported by your model.

It will be good idea to reinstall it with the help of the oem disc. This issue is probably with the manufacturer and it is model specific. I do not really believe that PtP methods will help anymore. If the disc is damaged physically then there is no point that cleaning the optical drive will resolve this. I don’t know that what can be the exact solution for this but one thing I can say surely that cleaning your optical drive will not help you.

You should search for the Windows ISO downloads from internet and you will be able to download that for free. You will have to select the operating system version which matches with the Windows COA key which is there on your notebook. So simply download that and then burn it to a CD / DVD. Once you are done with that then you are ready to go. I am quite sure that this is going to help you.

As the final disc (7) in the set was broken, so when you head over to run the recuperate you have 2 choices. I continued doing the alternative that restores the workstation and introduces the recuperation parcel so you could not require the disc's to run the recuperation in the fate (i.e. non fittings inadequacy). BUT assuming that you do the recuperation that tries not to establish the recuperation segment and actually restores the windows programming, it tries not to utilize the irrevocable disc in the set!