Thread: Acer aspire 1410 not giving sound with HDMI cable

Acer aspire 1410 not giving sound with HDMI cable

I am having the Acer aspire 1410 notebook and facing some problem with the audio output. Whenever I try to stream to TV through the HDMI cable then I found that the video is OK but the sound was not audible from the speakers of the TV. Is there is anyone who having the same problem or know that how can this be resolved? Thank you so much in advance for replying to this post.

Re: Acer aspire 1410 not giving sound with HDMI cable

This seems to be the problem with the HDMI cable that might be not providing proper connection to the TV and the notebook. So just to make it sure, you can try to replace that with a new cable and see if that can solve the issue or not. You can get that cable to any hardware shop and you will get that there easily. If that do not help you then reply back so that we can come up with some alternate solution for this.

If the sound driver is corrupted or outdated then also you can get such issues. So if changing the cable is not able to remove that issue then you will have to upgrade the driver. So upgrade the driver to the latest version available on internet and that can sure this. Many of the similar issues get solved by upgrading the driver and so I hope that it will do the same for you. Go try this. Good Luck!!!

You can just connect a good 3.5mm cable to connect the audio out which is there in the notebook in the 3.5mm audio of the TV and that should work for you. Make sure that you are making use of a high quality cable. Other than this, you can also verify that you are having all the connections tight and proper. So before moving to any big solution for this, you should try this first and see if that can solve the issue for you.

I think that the DVI as well as HDMI are sharing the similar signal. They are only having the different connector. And that is the reason that you are having the DVI to HDMI adapter. If you are making use of the analog ports then you must ensure that it is not set to "digital out only" within the sound card controls. If you are making use of the spdif out through the optical otherwise coax out then you must select the "digital out".

You can make use of the DVI to HDMI converter cable but you will have to have the secondary path intended for the audio. You will have to use the rca analog to attach your Dish Network receiver with your TV. You can see to the back of the TV to the input panel and you will find that there is the rca audio input close to the HDMI connector. You can utilize that for making a connection to the tv sound.

This offers DVI video only and does not carry any audio signal. It still needs a separate audio cable. If I connect an HDMI cable from DVI-HDMI converter will I get audio on the TV from the PC? The only problem that has to do with DVI to HDMI is that you need for audio jacks DVI Audio no longer supports it. You may also want to check the audio input on your TV. Is the HDMI on the same board as the analog audio inputs? If not, it is likely that the power of audio on a different set of inputs. You may have HDMI video and audio signal that is happening in the video 2.