Thread: Getting horizontal lines in Dell Inspiron 6000 screen

Getting horizontal lines in Dell Inspiron 6000 screen

I have Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop in which I am using windows vista operating system. From last few days I am experiencing one annoying problem with my laptop screen. Now whenever I start my laptop after some time is starts showing me the horizontal lines on half of the screen and after that it remains as it is for some times. Sometimes my cursor also gets freezes. I don’t know what is wrong with my laptop but this problem has started suddenly.

Re: Getting horizontal lines in Dell Inspiron 6000 screen

Normally this type of issues arises only when our laptop gets physically damaged and that is why I would like to tell you that is there anything wrong happen with your laptop in recent times? According to me some how your laptop screen has gets physically damaged and that is why I will suggest you to try to solve this issue by giving this laptop to any nearest hardware shop. I think after repairing your laptop your problem might get solved.

Well According to me before you give your laptop to any repair shop I will suggest you to try some basic tricks to solve this issue. First try to solve this issue by uninstalling the graphic drivers from your laptop and after that installing the graphic drivers again in your laptop. now after that you should also try to solve this issue by removing the battery from your laptop and after that you should also detach the RAM sticks from your lap and put all the things at its right place together and after attaching all the things properly you have to start the laptop and after that check whether your problem gets solved or not. I am not sure about this issue but I think before you give your laptop to repair you should try this tricks.

Thank you so much for quick replies in recent times there is nothing wrong happens with my laptop. I have tried to fix this issue by reinstalling the graphic drivers in my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop but after reinstalling graphic drivers also I am facing the same issue in my laptop. Now after doing that I have also tried to solve this by detaching the RAM sticks and other parts from my laptop but after doing that also I didn’t get any result. Now please tell me what I should do to get rid of this issue.

The problem which you are facing in your Dell Inspiron 6000 screen is occurred because of the inverter/LCD cable which connects with the video controller have damaged and if you want to solve this issue then you have to first you have to first check the connection if that cable with the video controller of laptop. if it is a connection issue then it can be solved by disconnecting from video controller and after that reconnecting it properly with the video controller. You have to make sure that when you open the laptop to perform this steps at that time you use the proper tools and you may not damage any other part of the laptop. you can also give your laptop to the dell service center if you don’t want to take any risk.

Thank you for all the information and making giving me the exact reason regarding this issue. After reading your post I have triode to solve this issue by connecting my LCD cable with the video controller but I find this very risky and after that I visited the LG service center and after visiting the LG service center they have solved my problem now my laptop screen is working properly.