Thread: What you think about new zen x-fi2 audio players and what its common difficulty

What you think about new zen x-fi2 audio players and what its common difficulty

So I have got myself a new X-fi2 16 GB hoping it would be as good as my old Zen 16 GB but I'm a little disappointed and miffed. First of all I have updated to the new F/W having read all sorts of problems about the touchscreen being unresponsive, but even after this update the screen still seems to 'lag' and is very awkward to navigate with, bring back the buttons! Secondly I cannot display album art, my old zen did this without any bother, so why should this player be any different?

re: What you think about new zen x-fi2 audio players and what its common difficulty

I have played Pink Floyd, Dark Side Of The Moon (same rip, anniversary edition 192kbps) on both the X-fi2 and my old Zen 16gb, side by side with the same headphone (Ultimate Ears Super-Fi Pro 5's) and the old Zen sounds so much richer a has a much better clarity of sound, I don't know why the X-Fi 2 sounds so bad, but I am losing patients in setting this player up. The EQ seems to have a bug in it, when you turn the volume up above 20 and then turn the 80 Hz or 13 kHz up above +5db this in turn restricts the volume of the player, surely this is not right.

re: What you think about new zen x-fi2 audio players and what its common difficulty

The X-fi2 would be a great player if it was not for 2 critical areas (for me anyway) the biggest being the sound quality, I am a bit of an audiophile and can be very critical on sound quality, if something don't meet my requirements then it normally ends up being put away in a draw and forgot about, for the money I expect the X-fi2 to sound fairly reasonable, but to my ears it sounds just awful with no bottom end and a harsh top end, the X-fi setting seems to make this problem even worse, so as for extreme fidelity I think not. The EQ problem is very annoying for me.

Same issues with the Crystallizer that seems to mostly increase the volume & distortion some sounds. I also found a sudden jump in volume just buy selecting the slider bar & making no adjustments! The only satisfactory equalizer settings are Classical with Bass Boost when using with my Philips SHE9850 (a balanced armature earphone). When playing video an echo will occur on some specific sounds like loud vocals that is annoying. FM radio is useless. It has 3 sensitivity bars and is either always has no bar or just 1 bar, so it plays mostly in mono with volume continuously altering.

I bought the X-fi 2 just recently. After i broke my last zen vision M I decided to invest into the xfi 2. Considering I read horrendous reviews online about the xfi 2, I was thinking of just getting xfi and seeing how it is. I was a little afraid that the touch screen issue that everyone was talking about would become an issue for me. But I still was stubborn and bought the player, 32 GB. I don’t get a zune or some other player without at least a 5 band equalizer. I must have the sound output at my control, and I want to be able to manipulate the sound when I want.

When I bought the player, the sound quality is what got me first. Surprisingly it was not the screen. With the update (I have never tried it without the update) the screen wasn’t Too sensitive but not under sensitive like allot of people say it is. I easily could press onto the screen without having to exert too much force and the player would agree with me accordingly. The volume bar could be activated by holding the only button that is available to us (not the power button).

Re: What you think about new zen x-fi2 audio players and what its common difficulty

I bought the 8gb xifi 2 last week, today I was busy with removing tracks from playlists and by accident deleted all tracks, then a few seconds later the screen doesn’t respond to touch, power and menu button give no response, doesn’t show up when reconnecting to PC. So no recovery, no reset through player, not able to access it through PC to update firmware again. Player has been on same frozen screen for over 6 hours now. I wonder if this happens before, I have experienced it went off sometimes at random occurrence so maybe it’s some bugs in this product.