Thread: Random crash on creative Zen 32 GB

Random crash on creative Zen 32 GB

I bought a Creative Zen 32GB Flash player in January. It was mostly OK for some month. By then, it was almost full. Last summer, it began crashing on me every so often. I assumed it was just because it was almost full, but as time went on it crashed more and more. Sometimes it would play slightly garbled songs, almost like in the good old days when your cassette deck would chew up your D-90s. When using the locking function, it would crash completely, requiring the judicious use of a pin to reset it. Then it would crash when plugging it into headphones or the cable connecting to my AUX port on my car stereo.

Re: Random crash on creative Zen 32 GB

Hello I am having same query. I've got most of my music backed up anyway, and the clean up might not mess with it too much, so I tried to follow the cleanup instructions but every time I let go of the Play button, it would crash out. If I held the play button down, it would work, but the buttons are so close together, if I changed pressure on the play button while selecting "clean up", it would crash out. Still, I thought I'd managed it but it would not restart or dock, or pretty much do anything except let me go into recovery mode (while pressing Play, of course).

If the player remains stuck in the recovery mode and any of the options does not work, I'm afraid this is already a hardware issue. I can only suggest contacting customer support and have it repaired/replaced but then again, the repair/replacement cost might be too expensive since you are already out of the warranty period. However, you can try contacting them and see if they can provide you something like a discount.

I've had my Zen32GB for a year and have loved it up to this morning. I added a few photos to it and now it’s been stuck in "Rebuilding" for the last two hours. I can dock it and get into it, copy files, etc, but it will not play. I have been using a handy pin to reset it, and then it goes back into Rebuilding. It doesn't appear to be a hardware problem as the buttons were working fine. So overall I am totally disappointed with it. I hope you will get your solution quickly.

I figured it was probably dead. Most irritating since it is just 30 months old and it’s not like I've used it every day. Sometimes I'd not use it for weeks. Yet another piece of overpriced electrical gubbins designed to last just as long as the warranty runs until it falls apart. I deleted EVERYTHING from the ZEN and then it came back on. Should have done that first thing. Then I had to reload but I left off the photographs as it appears that it was a photo that had jammed it up. Will not put photos on it anymore.

Detach your player commencing the PC if it is connected, and turn it off. Press and hold down the Play/Pause button at the same time as powering on. At what time the player displays the Creative logo, liberate the Play button. The following choice will come into view: Clean Up, Format and Reload OS / Firmwareand Reboot. Go through this steps I am sure this will help you to solve your issue. If you still having any query then try to find about this on internet I am sure you will get appropriate solution on it.