Thread: how to turn Creative zen to zen mx

how to turn Creative zen to zen mx

Some days before my Creative ZEN Died as I dropped it in water. So I went out and replaced with a ZEN MX thinking it would be just like my old much loved ZEN. But boy have you screwed it up big time. But my old Creative ZEN was simple and it never tried to control me like an Apple Ipod. Many people I know who love Creative MP3 players because they do not act like Apple and take control out of your hands. My old Zen had a wonderful function that I could drag and drop folders of music onto the SD card and could listen to them as i wanted to listen to them. Now my new ZEN MX wants to take control of my life and sort everything into a library. Is there any way to use Creative ZEN MX like my old Creative ZEN.

Re: how to turn Creative zen to zen mx

Well I have referred your problem and I don't think the file organization on the ZEN MX is going to change. Because all of the newer ZEN models organize songs according to its ID3 tag. If you are looking for a player that organizes song according to folders, I will suggest you to look for an older model. I hope this information will be helpful for you. If you want to know anything more then let me know.

I totally agree. I have been a Creative customer but when my creative Zen failed I bought a Zen MX thinking it would be as simply as the original to operate regarding the transfer of music. They really screwed up by changing my preferences during the transfer. I don’t understand why they don’t have an update option that lets the MX user continue to use Media Explorer. I am very frustrated because of this problem.

According to me the new feature which is included in creative zen MX is very nice, now whenever you put your tracks in your player and after removing your mp3 player from your laptop or computer this player will manage all the music files in to its inbuilt library very well. I am not having any issues with transfer files. I normally transfer my all files from my laptop.

I am aware of this issue. it is NOT ALLOWING to play from folders, directly. In old Zen allowed me to drag any folder with my music/audio book onto the SD card. Then we can simply find the folder and play from it. Now when you transfer file in to your player after that you have to wait for the creative zen MX to make them unfortunately there is no tricks available for this problem. Hopefully Creative team will do something for this particular issue.

According to me you should try to solve this issue by doing contact to creative customer support. You have to either do the Email or visit the creative customer care center. Now after visiting the creative center you have to ask about your problem and after that they will give you possible solution or they will give you some trick to get rid of your problem.

After referring your post I will try to post the complaint to the creative support and I hope they will give some solution regarding this. If my problem can't be fixed and I can't listen to a folder without making a Library, then I am soon to be an EX CREATIVE USER and be an Apple user. I will buy apple ipad after that. Thank you for helping me and giving me all the information.