Thread: How to synchronize calendar on the Creative ZiiO 7 with my Google webcalendar

How to synchronize calendar on the Creative ZiiO 7 with my Google webcalendar

Does anybody know how to synchronize the calendar on the ZiiO 7 with my Google webcalendar? I have read that it can´t be done because the ZiiO 7 doesn´t support synchronization of i.e. Google calendar. Is that true, and if so, why? I have tried to install Google Docs, and that doesn´t seem to work either. I´m getting more and more frustrated here. So please guys anyone knows about it then please share it with me. All replies are appreciated.

Re: How to synchronize calendar on the Creative ZiiO 7 with my Google webcalendar

Hello according to my knowledge I believe it is for the reason that the ZiiO has not been Google Certificated and thus cannot include some apps which include the Calendar and Android Market amongst others. I think you got to blame Google for that. They seem to favor some companies and disregard others using their platform. I am sure there are some applications around which possibly will perform the syncing.

Re: How to synchronize calendar on the Creative ZiiO 7 with my Google webcalendar

Hello thank you for your response. I have searched for apps to help me, but found none. And I totally blame Creative. The basic flaw is that you only can create a Zii-account and that synchronization can’t be switched on. Even if I tap the Zii-account-tab I get no option to switch synchronization on, so it is always turned off. This is not Google’s fault, this is Creative’s fault. I really hope Creative addresses this problem in future software updates.

Hello I am agree with you but as per my opinion Creative cannot add the Sync option or access to Google's Services if Google has not certified the ZiiO. It is only then that Creative can access and add the "Closed" Android Apps such as Google Contacts, Calendar, Gmail, Voice, and Maps. One option is that Creative allows us to sync our Calendars to Creative’s own server. This is what I know about it. I hope this will clear your doubt.

I would really like to have sync between all my android devices so I only have to edit my calendar on one device and have that information synced to the other devices. This really sucks. I know the ZiiO is marketed as an entertainment device, but to know that it could have been so much more if not for the artificial limitations implemented by Creative just makes me mad. So if you have any other solutions then please share it with me.

The limitation is not set up by Creative but by Google. Google Calendar is not part of the Android OS but a separate service which Google only provides to approve hardware. As you know the Android 2 series was made for the phone and not tablets and thus Google does not offer the calendar sync option to any hardware. There is nothing Creative can do as it is in Google's hand. Perhaps you could contact Google in regards to this.

It is still an Android tablet since it is running the Android OS. The only Android Wi-Fi tablet running Android 2.2 which has the full Android Market and Sync feature is the Samsung Galaxy Tab Wi-Fi. The other Android WI-FI running Android 2.2 also suffers the same fate as the Creative ZiiO. Of course Google changed the policy with the release of Android 3 Honeycomb which is made for tablets and those have full Android Market and Google Sync services.

Bump into this thread while searching for the same info. I have a ZiiO 7 as well and wants to sync my google calendar and contacts. Found out that I can only sync my calendar (firmware version should be 2.2) but not contacts.

This posting from creative's forum site helped me.

I hope creative will include contacts sync on their future firmware release.