Thread: Unable to set date on my creative Zen X-Fi2

Unable to set date on my creative Zen X-Fi2

I received my new Zen X-Fi2 yesterday and be danged if I can figure it out. The most frustrating thing has been trying to set the date. I only get January through May. It happens to be October. No amount of precise fiddling with fingernails, delicate touch, etc. will give me any more months than January through May. And how in the world can three music albums and five audio books half fill a 16 GB player when 12 audio books only filled my 4GB Zen to 1/3 full??

Re: Unable to set date on my creative Zen X-Fi2

You will only see January to May on screen but you have to scroll down (slide your finger upwards) for you to able to see the rest of the months. There is a scroll bar (looks like a small white line) indicator on the right side. Did you check the file sizes of the music and audio books on the player? I can't think of anything other than the file size. Please check this settings first and let me be acquainted with it’s helpful for you or not.

Hello thank you for your useful information on setting the date. As to the size of the files they are the same files I had on my Zen for the reason that I was going to finish working my way through the list on my latest Zen. So please if you have any idea on it then please share it with me. Any thoughts as to why they seem to take up more space on the F2 than on the humble Zen? I am waiting for your all kind of great help. All replies are appreciated.

I am not that much aware of it. I haven’t tried this out myself up till now. First of all tell me How did you transfer the files to your ZEN X-Fi2 from your ZEN? Can you try to boot the player from the recovery mode and do a Clean Up - Reboot on the X-Fi2. First try to perform this boot. Once you done with the reboot I am sure that you can easily set the date on your Creative Zen X-Fi2. I am sure this will clear your doubt.

Once again thank you for your response on my query. I am very glad to see that you guys showing interest in my query. I would like to tell you that I am not aware with the reboot function of it. As it is this is new for me. So if you guys know about it then please let me know about it. I tried to find about it on internet but still I did not get any information for rebooting it. So please explain me it with the all appropriate steps.

Hello initially you have to Press and hold the Home/Menu button at the same time as powering up the unit. And after that you have to Release the power button formerly the splash screen display come into view. Once you done with it then you have to continue holding down the Home/Menu button in anticipation of the Recovery Mode screen come into view. The Recovery Mode screen come into view, and three set of choices objects are shown - Clean Up, Format All and Reboot. On the way to clean up your player's memory, choose Clean Up. At what time you done with cleanup you have to select reboot.