Thread: Micro SD 32 GB card not working in Creative ziio 7

Micro SD 32 GB card not working in Creative ziio 7

I just bought a ziio 7 and does not work my 32gb micro SD card class 4 sandisk, I tested with other 4 and 8 GB Class 2 and 4, and if it works. I tried to reformat my card but will not let me, I've formatted windows FAT 32 format and with a mobile nexus one in 2.2, but still not working on a ziio. Is someone else like me who have this problem? Please share your all useful knowledge and experience with me. I am waiting for your replies.

Re: Micro SD 32 GB card not working in Creative ziio 7

Are you saying it doesn't work with the a 32GB MicroSD SanDisk class 4 but it works on the 4 GB SanDisk class 2 and 8GB SanDisk class 4 cards. As far as testing goes, I am pretty much sure the development team tried cards up to 32G and was working fine on the device. However, I have no definite idea on the specs of the cards tested. Thanks for bringing this up. I will forward your feedback to the team. This is what I am thinking about it.

I've got the exact same problem. I've been using an 8GB SanDisk with no issues. I just purchased a Kingston 32GB micro SDHC, and the Ziio thinks that it has been dismounted. The card works fine plugged 0into my PC. I've tried various formatting options, including formatting with Panasonic SD formatter, but nothing works. I'd be interested to hear from someone that is able to use a 32GB SD card. Because from what I've seen and read I don't think it’s possible.

I have a class 10 32 GB card that does mount, but the video player has problems reading from the card. In general it seems like you need to use a higher class card as you go up in storage size. Also, if possible, format the card in the ZiiO. And leave it in your ZiiO to load it with media. Connect your ZiiO to your PC, follow the directions on the screen and you should see your ZiiO's internal storage and the SD card as separate drives. I'm still experimenting with the 32 GB card so I will let you know if I discover any other tricks.

I installed WinAmp to see if it had the same problems the ZiiMusic had and in fact it did. So I deleted all of the data on the SD card and copied over some different music files to the card. Now here's the trick, once you've had a problem reading from the SD card you need to unmount the card and shut down your ZiiO, you don't need to do the hard shut down, just power it off using the power button or the home screen menu. Make sure to remove the SD card from the device before you power it back up. Put some different media files on the card preferably something you know will work.

Insert your SD card and wait for it to mount. Once it's successfully mounted open the ZiiMusic or ZiiVideo app and try to access your media again. If there isn't a problem with the media files you have loaded onto the card your media should play. I have been working with this hypothesis for several hours and I'm having lots of success with the 32 GB SD card. I'm finding that music that I ripped with Windows Media play into either WMV or MP3 files are 100% successful at loading and playing from the 32 GB SD card. Where I'm finding problems is with many of the .FLAC music files and with some of the Video's I’ve ripped from my DVD collection.

as for my FLAC files, I thinking that there are some ID3 tag issues that are preventing these files from loading and playing properly. In either case, the offending files need to be removed from the SD card before will be able to successfully use the card in your ZiiO. Keep in mind a bad media file affects both the ZiiMusic app and the ZiiVideo app, it doesn't matter if the bad file is a .AVI file it will prevent the audio player from working correctly, likewise if you have a bad .FLAC file it will prevent the video player from working correctly. I found this to be true for both WinAmp and Real player apps as well as for the Creative ZiiO Apps.