Thread: Unable to start Compaq f700 laptop

Unable to start Compaq f700 laptop

I have Compaq f700 Laptop from last 2 ½ year. (ie my warranty is up so I have to pay for any technical support from a company).Thats why I am posting my problem here. My question is :As I told my Laptop is 2 1/2 year old from last two weeks when I am trying to start up the laptop the light will flash but the system still not boot and it will automatically shut down without any access from me.Sometime it starts but suddenly it shut down.Can you help me out please .

Re: Unable to start Compaq f700 laptop

Sometimes the OS of your laptop may be badlly corrupted to start your laptop.Then you can try a recovery disk or the XP disk and select the task of Repair Install and you can solve your problem.If you are using OEM recovery disk then there may not be an option of Repair Install so you have to do a Factory Restore(which will format the drive).you can also refer PC manufacturer about the Restore Option.

First ,you need to open your laptop and remove a RAM from it, clean it up and insert it back to its slot. When you open your laptop, check out the power source connections (take care to disconnect the Laptop from power source).You can unscrew your laptop using toolkit. If this does not help, then try placing RAM in another slot. If any of the solutions not worked then your RAM may be damaged or corrupted, So replace your RAM.

If there no problem in hardware system then you can try this:
    The another solution is to try to boot your operating system with the last known standard Configuration system.In this way you can recycle any changes that cause the problem ,which defines hardware setting .The last known good configuration facility will replace the CurrentControlset with backup files was last used successfully.To use the feature of Last known good configuration system,first restart your Laptop.when the laptop start to boot then press F8 to display The Windows Advanced Options menu.Then select Last known good configuration from the menu and press Enter .

There is another tool that might be useful when Operating system won't boot is System Restore. To use System Restore, first restart the computer. When you see the message Please select the operating system to start or hear the singlebeep, press [F8] to display the Windows Advanced Options menu. Now, select the Safe Mode item from the menu and press [Enter]. Once Windows XP boots into Safe mode, click the Startbutton, access the All Programs | Accessories | System Tools menu, and select System Restore. Because you're running in Safe mode, the only option on theopening screen of the System Restore wizard is Restore My Computer To AnEarlier Time, and it's selected by default, so just click Next. Then, follow the wizard to select a restore point and begin the restorationprocedure.