Thread: Is Motorola Droid 3 similar to the Motorola DX2?

Is Motorola Droid 3 similar to the Motorola DX2?

Guys I have a small doubt in my mind which I would like to confirm it with you all. well what I want to know is that is the D3 very much similar to the DX2? Well with the looks I think the keyboard and the looks are very much similar to the DX2. Also what I am saying is that the droid 3 does looks smaller display version of the DX2. Well I am hoping that there will be some features that would be quite different from the earlier one. so I am expecting that it will certainly make some difference. Actually I am looking out for the phone and I am hoping that there will be some changes made. That’s the main reason why I switched to this thread. So hope you all will reply to me over here.

Re: Is Motorola Droid 3 similar to the Motorola DX2?

Well it is said that the firmware for the D3 phone would be quite different to the one that was used in the DX2. So that’s what I want to say over here. also one more thing that I would like to say is that it is said that it is coming up with the gingerbread update. So we can relax wit that news and plus it has been also confirmed that some of the pictures that were leaked in the internet about the phone were quite bogus and it is confirmed as well. So I think there is nothing much to worry about the same. so just relax and wait for its release.

Let me inform you that you have not looked upon the problem properly. Well just to inform you that the Motorola DX2 had Tegra 2 processor as well as the 512MB ram. so that was the biggest problem. In terms of what I have heard is that the same sequence will be repeated for the droid 3 as well and if turns out to be true then it is better to stay away from it. So that’s what I am saying here and I am sure that you will agree with me over here. if that comes up then it is better to stay away from it. just wanted to inform you about the same.

Now it is said that the OMAP will be coming in the pace of the tegra. So we can expect something over here, in terms of performance. Well it is said that the OMAP is a much better chipset then the tegra and hence better to watch out for the same. so that’s what I wanted to say it to you all. May be the OMAP news will be better for the tegra. So that’s what I am saying here. Anyways it has not confirmed yet. Some news reports from the U.S. does claim it to be true. So that’s what I wanted to say here. Hope you all will agree with me over here.

Well if you compare the memory of the omap with the tegra then what I can say that if we compare the memory of both of them then Droid 3 has 512 MB LPDDR2 running 333/266 MHz. while if we look at the Droid X2 then it has 512 MB DDR running 133 MHz. so that’s what I wanted to say here. yes the memory will be a definite advantage with the omap, that’s what I feel over here. so that’s what I wanted to say here. I think these all changes will be a definite worth buying it. so that’s what I feel over here.

I just heard it that OMAP 4430 will be added in the phone and also one negative point of this creation is that there are many applications that runs only in tegra processors but will no longer run with the omap. So that’s what I feel over here. anyways what I am saying is that with the necessary suggestions that I have given here, it will be a kind of backdrop for the Motorola people. That’s what I had to say here. any solutions that you all have in mind that you think would be worth considering on this changes made by Motorola people. How will we be able to access the tegra applications?

Well the answer is quite simple, so what I feel is that installing the Titanium back ups manually will be a better option I feel, unzip all the applications and then install with astro and so that is what I wanted to say it you all, actually the thing is that the applications are quite dependant on the email accounts. So if you have a good mail account the task will be quite simple. So do as what I have said here. I am sure you will be benefited by that.