Thread: How to setup of Flash player 10.1 for LG optimus sprint

How to setup Flash player 10.1 for LG optimus sprint

Hey, I have purchased the LG Optimus Sprint mobile phone and I have liked this mobile from last one week but I have small issue on my mobile. I have android 2.2.1 installed on it. The phone says it supports flash player 10.1 but it is not working. I have tried installing from the adobe official site but the installer is not working and shows an error while installing. Can you please tell me how to get flash 10.1 installed on this phone?

Re: How to setup of Flash player 10.1 for LG optimus sprint

LG optimus sprint supports flash only in its browser and not in other apps or elsewhere. You can download flash player from adobe’s official site or through market. But if you try to install it then it won’t happen. The phone has ARM11 processor and adobe flash player is not supported by this processor. I would recommend browsing flash content from a decent browser like dolphin, sky fire, opera, etc. You can download these browsers from the android market.

It won’t work, The Optimus' processor is not supported by Adobe, Installing it causes the browser to crash. Right now the only option is Skyfire to play flash content on the web. Download Skyfire browser for android....works as flash through their servers. But other apps that require flash will not work at all. Actually it's not about clock speed but CPU instruction set -- the Optimus S has an ARM6 class CPU, while Adobe Flash 10.1 requires the ARM7 instruction set.

Well, android 2.2.1 does support flash so it should be working. I had some similar issues but with another phone (LG P500 Optimus One). I tried updating the firmware of the phone. At first, it didn’t work but after newer update of the firmware it started working. So I would like to suggest you to update the firmware of the LG Optimus Sprint. You can update the firmware LG official site or you can customer care and they will direct you how to install

You can contact LG customer care. There are really few outlets but they will solve your problem. I had some other issues with the phone and went through many forums. Afterwards someone from this forum suggested meet to visit Customer care and it worked. Hope this helps. You can also try re-installing the flash player. Just uninstall it and restart your phone and then try installing again

There are many browser in the market you can try them. Apart from the browser that came with the phone, there is an excellent browser - Skyfire ver.3.1.0. It works great and also supports flash.It can be downloaded and run on Optimus. You wont be able to run other flash application but atleast you can run videos in youtube or other websites. I would suggest using the desktop/classic setting in the browser. This tends to load you a few more videos and not give you the message it can't run on a mobile phone. I also tried Dolphin HD, but did not have as good results. Personal preference to a degree. Good luck!