Thread: Creative X-Fi 8000 has limited storing capacity, will it increase further?

Creative X-Fi 8000 has limited storing capacity, will it increase further?

Hi, I have purchased Creative X-Fi 8000 and which has a very limited capacity to store the music, as it can store up to 64Gb only, and I have almost 500GB of collection stored on my PC, and 64 GB is not enough for me, so as the title implies I would say is there any further plans from the creative? Are they ready to improve the capacity of the music player? Or I have to buy another once only? any recommendation?

Re: Creative X-Fi 8000 has limited storing capacity, will it increase further?

I would say you have gotten a wrong player actually, because as far as I know there are very few player which has a capacity to store up to 64GB, and after all this is the player so this is the standard size that have gotten, in fact no other player would give you the capacity you are expecting, because after all they are just the music player, and as you are asking about further improvement, I am not sure as you need to contact the creative support staff for this.

Yeah I am agree with the above user as there is no possibility for improving the capacity but you can change the way of storing the music feels, rather I would say you need compromise yourself little bit over here, as you can store more songs on the card you have by decreasing the bit rate of the music files, as you do this it will simply decrease the size of the songs as well, and this way you can store more songs, see the idea bit rate is 128 KBPS, but you can store it with 92 KBPS as well, and it would not ruin the quality as well, but below this will surely ruin.

If you are willing to have any other device for yourself, you can have option as to purchase the External rather I would say portable HDD for yourself, because in this you’ll get the capacity as you are expecting, and no need to compromise also, and as far as I know there are multiple device which has a capability of listening the songs directly from the HDD, and they have give the audio jack as well with the device. So you can buy that also.

Hey thanks dude for the suggestion, as i was not aware actually while I had bought this product, and after some time I came to know that there is very less capacity I have gotten. But I am not aware again about any such external HDD also, so it would be great if you tell me about any such model with their bit description, I am completely about to buy the hardware because 64GB is like none to me. And when I had contacted the creative staff for this, they also don’t have any further implementation on this player.

That’s the obvious thing, as you’ll not get that capacity for sure in the media player, and as mentioned by the above user you should get that portable HDD only, with such a capability. You can visit any of the respective website which has this product, because I am also not completely aware about any particular product. So It would be better If you search the information on their respective websites only.

I'm wondering as you have a very good card with such a huge capability but still you are not satisfied with this, because I have the player with 16Gb capacity. And I have loaded almost above 4000 songs in the player, so in 64 GG you can count on your own as how much song you can keep. And if your player has the capability of supporting another card as well you can simply buy another one, and that would minimize the cost as well.