Thread: Unable to turn on Creative Zen 4G

Unable to turn on Creative Zen 4G

I’m having the Creative Zen 4G which I was using from past 3 years it was working fine but from past few days I was having the problem with it. When I had plug the device in the computer the mp3 player froze so then I had reset the device and had turn off the device and now I can’t able to charge the device and not even able to turn on or to reformat the device. Please suggest me regarding this as I’m bit confused. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Unable to turn on Creative Zen 4G

Three years is too long I think there might be the problem with the battery which is not getting charge due to that the device is not getting on. for this just connect the device to the computer and then push the reset button and it may lead the player to start charging and leave it as it is for over an hour and after it gets fully charge just how much time the battery works and you will came to know if it’s the problem with the battery.

Even I was having the same problem. Try to reset it by connecting it with the main drivers and if you dint get anything after that then I’m sure there might be the problem with the firmware. I think by selecting the clean up option and then rebooting the device in the recovery mode will surely going to help you a lot and even formatting you player will also going to help you a lot. This can be done by selecting the option of format this time option from the recovery mode.

well I was trying to upgrade my device firmware and for this I had plugged it the pc and even the with the adapter and start installing the firmware in it and later it says restarting the player please wait and after in get off it doesn’t get on and later I do that manually and disconnect and reconnect to the power cable and when I try to rest it I was not able to do so. Can anyone guide me to how to update the firmware?

I think you need to upgrade your firmware as old firmware might be corrupted for this you need a microsd card. download the latest firmware from net and then move it in the microsd card and then put the microsd card in the device and then turn the device in the recovery mode by holding the play and pause button and even the rest button until you get the recovery screen and from t he recover screen select from the recover option and it will process and after that device will be rebooted.