Thread: Htc Sensation error- SD Card Not formatted properly

Htc Sensation error- SD Card Not formatted properly

i have feeling that my 32gb sd card is contemptible Wintech after a small number of days (same one that is working perfectly in our other Sensation) replaced with a Patriot, appeared DOA, and now a 3rd (also a patriot) that worked perfect in a PC but as soon as I put it in the phone I received a message that it wasn’t formatted and it hasn’t worked in either phone or 3 PCs since. I have tried formatting it and receive error that it is written protected.

Re: Htc Sensation error- SD Card Not formatted properly

The contemptible wintech worked out of the box, at smallest amount of time as I said the Patriot 32 GB that has worked enormous in windows prior in the direction of putting it in the phone and now the 3rd card is not accessible on a PC or in the phone. Give pleasure to try the card that came with your phone for a couple of days to determine if it is the cards or the device that has the difficulty.if you have any further doubt please let me know

Are you checking your card reader and making sure that the little switch on the side had not slid back that should be the only cause you see the write confined message. Also make convinced that you unmount your device in windows initially, and then unclick Mass Storage on the phone whenever you like it's plugged in VIA USB. Also, forever mount your SD properly before removing it from the phone. If you already do those things then that's really unfortunate. I've used 3 different cards in this phone. Currently I'm using a 16 Gig class 4 that I got for like 20 16 bucks from RadioShack a few months back

I was also facing the similar problem but after check wintech solution. I fixed my complete difficulty. I have been using a 32 GB class 10 wintech for months devoid of any troubles, first in my MT4G, then my G2X and at the moment my sensation for over a week and a half. I also have one in asus transformer and it's been fine. If it is the card I imagine wintech has a lifetime service contract

If the card is working flawlessly in another phone, it's likely a phone issue. It sounds like you're doing all the right things to try and make it work, but HTC phones (particularly the touch series) can be very picky with SD. If it works in one and not in another, return the phone and get one that works better. If you're outside the return period, describe your carrier or HTC for an exchange.

I was also facing the same problem. After lot of search I came in this forum. After finding my topic in this forum and going through replies I was happy because I learnt lot about this problem. I like to say thanks to everyone who helped other to know about this problem. I think after work, go to the local store to exchange the SD as DOA, then back to t-mobile to attempt to get a replacement phone. If t-mobile gives too much grief then off to sprint to look at the EVO 3d as a replacement and dropping t-mo as a carrier