Thread: Changes made by T-Mobile in HTC Sensation

Changes made by T-Mobile in HTC Sensation

Functions that need to be remove are as follows.
    • Quick Search - the ability to pick and choose some searching on Google, Wikipedia, etc.
    • Show me application
    • Ebook reader completely absent although there is flash HTC
    • Voice Recorder
    • Voice Dialer
    • Dock Options
    • Locations
    • The installation of the first boot device is missing things

Added:
    • Wifi calling

Re: Changes made by T-Mobile in HTC Sensation

It Seems like It Might in fact turn off the cellular radio entirely, I'll have to make sure when I get home. The one downside that is if you are on the phone and walk away from your WiFi network, it will drop the call. It cannot hand off. I'm not sure if this is common in Europe, but in the states, many wireless carriers offer femtocell units That Can users install in Their Home If They have bad reception. WiFi calling get rid of the need for that.

As mentioned above, Wifi calling uses your local Wifi network to call out or receive voice calls. It does turn off the cell voice network. I have also noticed that some Android applications don’t work correctly or crash when no voice network is in attendance. Oh, and remain in mind your minutes at a standstill get used up even if you are by means of Wifi calling Otherwise the call superiority is high-quality.

I called and asked about WiFi (I do not obtain reception where I live from several carrier so WiFi calling is a have to)."What is Wi-Fi Calling?

Wi-Fi Calling is a free of charge characteristic for T-Mobile customers with a Wi-Fi capable phone. Wi-Fi Calling is an outstanding solution for coverage issues in and around the home or all over the place cellular coverage is inadequate. Minutes used while associated to the Wi-Fi network count up against obtainable rate plan minutes.

Guy call and tells me whether that chick is wrong and that the $10 plan was an old thing that was cancelled because the billing never worked right. Confirmed what I was originally told that MINUTES DO calculate AGAINST YOUR PLAN MINUTES. So if you're on unlimited minutes it doesn't matter. I am unable to find no matter. subsequent guy was real cool and couldn't find jack shit on it. He said that internal document image may be incredible coming but nobody has told him yet and it’s not on the intranet.

Tried Europe. I selected Heathrow Airport. It wouldn't auto complete locations outside the US but it did go straight to Heathrow on the map. Unfortunately there is nothing on the map for Europe (and Africa) except country names. It looks like it has the ability but it's not enabled. This is the basic free service. For $3 a month it has more features but none of the listed features correspond to any of the basic functionality you're looking for. I got GAIA Maps for free off of Amazon and it has all of that and really good topographical maps showing natural landmarks. It seems like something a hiker could use. Remember that it is only the T-Mobile Sensation that is missing Locations. Sounds like Locations are a helluva nav app.