Thread: How to create the playlist in the Zen creative M100

How to create the playlist in the Zen creative M100

Two days ago I have purchased the Zen M100 player and I have the problem in the Zen M100 player that is I want to make the playlist for various songs but I was unable to create the playlist. I was also having no idea that how to create the playlist. And when I have created the playlist then I think that when I click on the 'Playlist' in menu then there is the message appears that the “Please sync play list to the player”. Please help me in solving the problem. Thanking all in advanced for helping me and giving me the suggestions.

Re: How to create the playlist in the Zen creative M100

I think that there is software through which you can create the playlist in the Zen M100 player and the software is M3U Playlist Creator and I think that this is the third part application. And I think that you can download this application from the 3rd part application site. And the features of the M3U Playlist Creator are that it is having high processing speed and it is also having the option of Drag and Drop. And it is having the Dynamic Titles.

From the discussion going on I think that you have to use the M3U Playlist Creator and I think that this is the third part application and I think that after you have finished creating the music playlist then I think that you have to select the “Load Player with Selected” and after that you have to transfer the music from the playlist to the player. And it is with the associated with the playlist. And I think that if you are simply saving the file in the playlist then I think that the playlist will not be properly displayed on the screen or the player.

I have another problem that is I have created the playlist but when I load the playlist in the ZEN style M100 and after that when I turned the player than it was remaining block and after that it shows the message that please wait and after that I have to use the reset button to unlock it. And I think that the player is not able to read the .m3u extension files because when I was loading the playlist then it is showing that please sync playlist to the player what is this happening. Thanking all in advanced for helping me and giving me the correct suggestions.

I would like to recommend you that I think that you have to use the different third party application software that will help you to make the playlist. And I think that there is a new firmware that is launching I don’t know when it is launching but may be able to address the issue. And I think that you may use another third party application to make the playlist and solve the problem. I hope that this will help you to understand the problem.

While I was surfing on the internet I saw the questions and the suggestions given to you the suggestions are quite systematic but in this case I would like to recommend you that I think that you should make use of the Winamp or Windows Media Player to create the playlist this will defiantly create the playlist. And if still does not create the playlist then I think that you have to wait for the new firmware. and I hope that this will definitely help you.

I think that if you are going to make the playlist for the temporary use then I think that you have to make the playlist that will permanently be there in the Zen. To do this you have to just go in the songs and after that you have to look for the option of push down and after that with the help of the mini joystick go for the second and after that go for the song title and then the title will flash then I think that this will be in the playlist of the Zen creative M100

How to Create playlist on creative Zen M100 mp3 players ?

Hi, I would say it would be very disappointing with the MP3 I have get, as this was the most waited player which I was looking for. And finally after getting M100 and M300, it’s very awful while making the play list on the player. May I know how can i speak with Creative staff to resolve this problem? It's actually extremely annoying familiarity, and off course if you have any idea about this, you can simply give me suggestion and any would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: How to Create playlist on creative Zen M100 mp3 players ?

I have the same music player and it has too many glitches I know, and the most important is with the play list, we need to put all the songs together only, there is no ability present in the player through which we can make this play list, and this is painful while finding a single song from the given list. I have tried with my M300 to make a play list though connecting the player with the PC, but no luck but I am not sure about the M100 so would recommend you to try using that.

Have you ever tried central for making the play list, I would say you should try with this, I am not sure but I have heard that we can make playlist through the computer and then transfer it to the player, so you can try to use this software with your player. And do you have the latest software for your player? Because I think in the latest one they have minimized this bug and we can easily create a play list with any of the player.

Download and install Winamp version 5.62 to your computer, connect the player and launch Winamp, after that right click a song from the list then select Send to Play list > New Play list. You need to give a name to play list and while adding a track to you need to select and right click a song then choose Send to Playlist named folder. After adding the songs exit Winamp. As you do this open Windows Explorer and redirect to the root folder of the ZEN M100, open the play list file with notepad and save it, but while doing this you need to change the encoding patter from ANSI to Unicode.

Thanks for the suggestion guys and I have tried with the central as well but, when I make the play list with the PC it shows perfectly but when I transfer that to the player and after disconnecting the player from the PC and try to access the songs, it show as no tracks found in the folder. I think I need to contact the creative support center only, as they will only assist me with this problem, but contacting them is also very throbbing, anyways thanks.

See I have a trick you can try this one as well as first of all select the Play list folder on the Zen M100 or whatever you have, so as you do this yourfilename.vbs file will be generated and listed in the right-hand pane. Now after that Click-and-drag the music folder which is on the Zen onto the yourfilename.vbs file. As you do this the script will run and it will save the path of your play list folder, and after that you can see all the media files listed.