Thread: Error code 10 "devices cannot start" while updating Zen 8g firmware

Error code 10 "devices cannot start" while updating Zen 8g firmware

I am having the Zen 8g while searching on net I had seen the update for my device and then I try to update my device. Well I had downloaded the update but I was not able to go to recover screen. Can anyone suggest me to how to do this as I need to update my device to fix few bugs on it. Any solution regarding is will be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

re: Error code 10 "devices cannot start" while updating Zen 8g firmware

Even I had tried to update the firmware of my device which was listed as a critical update. well I had downloaded the firmware and in between it failed and took me to the recover screen and then I had tried to do the recovery by using the recovery tool and after that I had successfully downloaded it and the device rebooted and after that it hang up so I just left it and after few hours I had press the reset button and then connect to the pc but then I got the message stating that player is not connected and even get the error message This device cannot start code 10. Can anyone suggest me what may be the cause of this?

well for this you must try to reboot the player in the recovery mode and when the device is off just press and hold down the play and pause button and while holding it press the reset button and you will going to get the click sound after pressing it and after that just slide the on off switch toward on and holds is down until you get the recovery boot screen and then from there just select the clean up and then reboot.

I think the by selecting the clean up option and rebooting the player from the recovery mode will surely going to help you and if the problem still persist then you must format your player but before doing that you must back up device as it will going to delete all the data from the device. Well to format the device you must reboot the player in the recovery mode and then from the recovery mode just select the format this time option. Hope this solve your problem.

even I persist with the similar problem and had tried both the solution for clean up as well as for formatting but my device still hang up but I was able to get the recovery screen and now I’m not getting any sort of error like before and even computer also recognize the device and I was also able to download the latest firmware successfully. Well anyways thanks for your solution now I’m able to download the photo and songs in it easily.