Thread: Firmware Update fail in creative Ziio 7

Firmware Update fail in creative Ziio 7

I’m having the Ziio 7 android tablet and I was trying to upgrade my Ziio 7to the latest version and while upgrading it went off while it is in process and after that it is not functioning properly. To fix this I had search on the net but I dint get anything. Does anyone know the solution for this then please share. Thanks in advanced.

re: Firmware Update fail in creative Ziio 7

Even I was having the same problem with the update. for this I had tried the factory reset but was not able to do as I was not able to access the setting because whenever I try to do so it turn black or it switch to desktop I had tried to do this in the safe mode but that also doesn’t help me. well I downloaded the latest firmware but was not able to installed it as it say that my device is block the installation of application which is not from the android market . I was not able to use the button in the setting to set it not to block. Don’t know what may be the cause of the problem.

Don’t know what may be the cause of this problem as I was not able to use the factory reset. I had tried by entering into to the recovery mode with the help of + but it’s says “searching sd card and attempting to locate the valid installer” and it won’t let me enter to the recovery mode And then again restarted. Now the last option is to contact to the service provider or take this device to the service center as its still under the warranty.

make sure that you had downloaded the correct firmware as there is two firmware versions 1.00.27 and 1.00.28 which you will going to get from the support site and then save it in your pc. For completing the process you need the microsd card to save the firmware file in the root directory and then insert the microsd card in the Ziio 7 and make sure it is off. And after that turn the on device in the recovery mode and then select the install firmware. Hope this help you.

I had tried what you said but I got the error saying dir/sdcard no installer found. Well I had tried both the firmware from the support site. The thing is I was not able to enter in the recovery mode after selecting the option and after that it’s failed and that the device reboot. Well above steps are right but I think both the firmware is corrupted. Does anyone know from where it should be downloaded and it should be working.

well you must power down the device by holding the power button and then press and release the power button while holding the + volume key until you get the recovery mode screen and when you get the recovery mode just navigate and select the reset factory default and it will going to erase all the third party application and default application won’t be deleted and even the download apk will remain intact.

even I was having the same problem when i press power on the screen shows only ZiiO and nothing happen and then I press power on and even the volume screen shows ZiiO for about 5 seconds “Searching SD Card Attempting to locate valid installer" and then again I got the same thing ZiiO. After that I had download the available APK files and put it on a 1GB SD Card but nothing happened. I think there is a problem with the device.