Thread: Sleep mode not working in MSI GT680

Sleep mode not working in MSI GT680

I am having the MSI GT680 and the operating system in the MSI GT680 is windows 7 and it is a home premium and the processor in the MSI GT680 is the Intel Core i7 Processor. And it is also having the latest and the fastest data transfer technology that is the transfer technology of USB 3.0. But now a days it is having some of the problem in the laptop that is when I turning the sleep mode on then the hard drive and the secondary storage device is turning off but the light is remaining on and the fan is also running. But the display is off but when I push the power button then I think that instantly the windows 7 screen is presented on the screen. Any idea of this problem please helps me in solving the problem.

Re: Sleep mode not working in MSI GT680

I would like to recommend you that you have to check the sleep state settings in the BIOS but in this case you have to make sure that you are having the latest drivers and the BIOS for the motherboard that you are having. You have to first open the start menu and after that you have to start the search option and after that in that you have to type the cmd and then press the enter button on the keyboard. And after that you have to type the powercfg –a in the command prompt and after that you have to press button. And after that you will see the black window and after that restart the computer by using the BIOS settings and after that you have to go in the Power Management sections which are in the BIOS. And after that you have to make sure that the ACPI mode is having the S3 or S1 is enabled. And after that you have to make sure that you have to wake on the ring and the wake on the LAN and use this as the disable. You have to save the BIOS setting that is changed and after that you have to restart the computer. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem.

From the discussion going on I think that if the problem is not solved then I think that you have to see whether what have waken up the windows last and in this case this will give the list of the item that woke the computer last . to do this you have to click on the start menu and after that click on the Run and in the Rub option you have to type the cmd and after that you have to press enter and the in the cmd you have to type the powercfg lastwake and after that you have to press enter and after that you will see the black window of the cmd. I hope that now you will be able to understand the problem.

If the problem is not solved then I think that you have to List the names currently configured to wake up the system from any sleep state. To do this you have to open the elevated command prompt that is you have to open the start menu and after that click on the accessories and after that you will see the command prompt option you have to just right click on the option and after that there will be the option of run as administrator you have to just click on that then an elevated window will open. After that you have to type in the command prompt powercfg -devicequery wake_armed and then press enter. And after that you have to go to the list that the device is to see and after that you don’t have to wake up the system. And after that you have to disable the wake up option that is in the power management settings.

While in this case I would like to recommend you that you have to disable the listed device that is waking the computer. You have to open the cmd and after that in the cmd you have to type the powercfg –devicedisablewake and the same name of the device that is the armed and after that type powercfg –devicedisablewake_armed and after that you have to press enter. I was also having the problem I type powercfg –devicedisablewake_ "High Definition Audio Controller" and after that I have pressed the enter button on the keyboard.

And if you want to enable the listed device again to waking up the computer you have to just open the run option and after that you have to type the cmd and then press the enter then you will see the black screen and after that you have to type powercfg - deviceenablewake and the name of the device for the example I have written powercfg - deviceenablewake_armed and after that you have to press enter. And I hope that now the problem is solved.

If still the problem is on then I think that you have to check the scheduled task for the program to do this you have to check the program settings that is the suspect program settings and after that see whether there is the feature of waking the computer. After that you have to check the scheduler task that is enabling to set the computer to wake up. You have to click on the condition tab and then uncheck the Wake the computer to run this task. And after that you have to check the Windows Automatic Updates settings. I hope that by doing this the problem will be solved.