Thread: Unable to install NVIDIA Graphics card driver in MSI gt780r Notebook

Unable to install NVIDIA Graphics card driver in MSI gt780r Notebook

I am using MSI gt780r from last 4 months. It was initially running Windows XP but recently I installed the 64-bit version of Windows 7 operating system in it. But after installing the new OS, when I am trying to install the Graphics Card driver in my laptop, I am unable to do so. I can’t find out what might be causing this issue with my MSI laptop. If anyone is having knowledge, about why this is happening in my laptop, then please help me in solving the issue.

re: Unable to install NVIDIA Graphics card driver in MSI gt780r Notebook

As far as I know, when you are installing Windows 7 Operating System in your any computer system, in your case MSI gt780r Notebook, mostly all the basic drivers for that particular system gets installed in the system. This happens because the basic drivers are already integrated with the new Windows 7 Operating System. And as you have mentioned that you are unable to install the following graphics card driver of your NVIDIA card, I think there might be some issue with the Operating system. So, I will recommend you to reinstall the OS from crash and try to install the drivers for your NVIDIA Graphics Card.

You can use the Driver CD, the original one which came along with the laptop, in order to install the necessary drivers in your MSI gt780r Notebook. I assume that the Graphics card came along with the laptop itself and is integrated with your system. So most probably you might be having the Drivers CD to install the drivers. Use the following CD and install the necessary drivers for your NVIDIA card and check out whether you are able to perform the task or not.

Thank you for the support. I appreciate the suggestions. I went through the solutions and unfortunately found them to be not that effective for solving my issue. I reinstalled the 64 bit Windows 7 Operating System and then tried installing the driver, but with no success. I used with original Drivers CD which came along with the laptop, but all in vain. I am tensed and frustrated with this issue. Please help me in getting rid of the following. Any kind of help on this topic will be appreciated.

You can get the necessary help from the nearest computer store in your area. Take your laptop to any computer store and ask the staff available in the store to help you rectify your issue and ask them to install the necessary Graphics drivers in your MSI gt780r Notebook. The process might take few charges, but still the cost is worth the help which you will be receiving. For best result, visit the retailer from whom you purchased the device. They might be having Drivers CD with them, which might help you solve the issue.

Re: Unable to install NVIDIA Graphics card driver in MSI gt780r Notebook

You have mentioned that you are using NVIDIA Graphics card in your MSI laptop. So, in this case, the bet option is that you should visit the nearest store and get the necessary drivers CD for your NVIDIA Graphics Card or you should search for the same on Internet. You will sure find the necessary drivers for your MSI laptop which is having the NVIDIA Graphic Card installed in it. Once you find the needed driver, download the following and install it in your system

Re: Unable to install NVIDIA Graphics card driver in MSI gt780r Notebook

You can get the needed drivers for your NVIDIA Graphics Card on the official website of NVIDIA. So, I will recommend you to visit the following official website and get the drivers installed from there. Or else you can also visit the official website of MSI and search for all the necessary drivers for your MSI gt780r laptop. You will find the list of drivers for this particular laptop. Download the one which you want and get it installed in your device.