Thread: USB does not recognize Sony turntable

USB does not recognize Sony turntable

I have Sony PS-LX300USB Turntable which I normally use with my Hp laptop. My laptop and my Sony PS-LX300USB Turntable both were working perfectly with each other but before some days I have given my laptop to my sister and I have start using my old Dell laptop in which there is windows Xp service pack 3 is installed. Laptop condition is good and it is working fine but when i connect my Sony PS-LX300USB Turntable at that time USB does not recognize it please tell me the solution regarding this.

Re: USB does not recognize Sony turntable

I have personally searched for the requirements for the Sony PS-LX300USB Turntable and they have specified that this device required Full speed USB support and as you have said in your question that your laptop is old then I have doubt with compatibility of Sony PS-LX300USB Turntable with your laptop. First you have to confirm that whether your laptop is compatible with this kind of device or not and after that try to connect it.

Try to connect your Sony PS-LX300USB Turntable with some other computer or laptop and after that check whether that machine is recognizing it properly or not. If your Sony PS-LX300USB Turntable is not recognized by other device also then I think you need to first check that the USB cable which you are connecting is not damaged and if other laptop or computer is recognizing it properly then there might be something wrong with your USB port.

There may be possibilities of having issue with your laptop USB port and I think you should first confirm that your USB port of your laptop is working properly. If you have any other USB device like pen drive then connect it with your USB port and after that check whether your laptop is detecting it or not. If your laptop is recognizing it properly then I think there might be something wrong with the Sony PS-LX300USB Turntable USB cable. If you want to know anything more about this then let k=me know.

Try to connect your Sony PS-LX300USB Turntable in different USB port and then check whether it makes any difference or not. If you get the same problem after that also then I think you should reinstall the USB driver in your laptop and after that check whether same issue is coming or not. I think after reinstalling the USB driver your laptop will recognize the Sony PS-LX300USB Turntable. Hopefully you will be able to connect your Sony PS-LX300USB Turntable with your laptop after trying this solution.

I have tried to connect my Sony PS-LX300USB Turntable in different USB ports but after connecting it with different USB port also I was getting the same problem and then I have uninstalled USB drivers from my system. Now after uninstalling the USB drivers I have restart the system and then I have installed USB driver again. After reinstalling the USB driver I am not facing any issue. Now all the things are working properly.