Thread: Unable to get display on external monitor from Dell Inspiron 1720

Unable to get display on external monitor from Dell Inspiron 1720

From last 6 months I am using Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop and this laptop have Nvidia 8600M GT graphics card. this laptop is very nice and I am using windows vista in my laptop. My laptop is working perfectly. Normally I use to connect my Samsung external monitor with my laptop and it was displaying my movies and games properly but suddenly it has stopped working .now whenever I try to connect my monitor with my laptop at that time it is not showing anything.

Re: Unable to get display on external monitor from Dell Inspiron 1720

You are facing this problem because somehow you have disabled the external port option in your laptop. if you want to use your Samsung ,monitor again with your laptop then you have to first enable the external port in your laptop and after that you will be able to see the display on your monitor. If you want to enable the external port then you have to do this by going in to the video properties. I think after enabling the external port you will beable to solve this problem.

I would like to tell you that check whether your Samsung monitor is working perfectly with other laptop or computer or not. If your Samsung monitor is not working with other laptop or computer then I think your Samsung monitor might be having some issues and if it worked fine then your laptop need s to be repaired or you have to check the laptop setting.

I think you should first open the Nvidia control panel and after that you have to first check that whether all the setting proper or not. You have to also check that in your display setting your monitor is showing active or not. If it is not showing it active then I think you have to check that whether all the connection is proper with your laptop or not. Try to disconnect your monitor restart the laptop and after that connect it again and then check whether you are getting the display or not.

Did you try to solve this issue by changing the resolution? if you have not tried this yet then first disconnect your monitor form your laptop and after that you have to first change the resolution of your laptop. now after changing the resolution you have to connect your monitor again with your laptop and after that you have to check that whether you are getting the display or not. I hope you will get the display after trying this trick.

Most of the time this kind of issue can be solved with the help of reinstalling the graphic driver and I will suggest you to do the same. Reinstall the graphic driver in your Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop and after that check whether your problem gets solved or not. If you are still getting the same problem after that also then I think you should try to solve this issue by downloading the updated graphic driver from internet and after that installing it in your laptop.

After going through your post I have removed graphic driver from my laptop and after that I have run diver cleaner in my laptop. Now after running the driver cleaner in my laptop I have restarted the laptop. Now after that I have inserted my driver CD and I installed the graphic driver in my laptop again. Now my all the problems gets solved. Thank you for your help and all the information.