Thread: motorola droid 3 standby time is not as what is expected

motorola droid 3 standby time is not as what is expected

I've had my droid 3 for about 5 days. I love it, but the battery life is rubbish! When I look in the battery use all that stands out is that the highest percentage of use of the battery is "STANDBY phone." This simply should not be! The top of the list should be "phone off" if the phone is in use. I basically left unused phone today. He took it off the charger at 9 am. Established telephone network CDMA only. Wi-Fi off, off GPS, Bluetooth. AT 22:00 for my battery was down to 30% with 60% used by the cell on hold. In reading other forums, this seems to be the norm for this phone. But that does not make it acceptable. I sure hope that Motorola will fix this soon I ran the * 228 option 2 to update the information Verizon cell tower. And my service is very good. Almost always 4 bars and never dropped a call. Apart from battery life, I love this phone.

Re: motorola droid 3 standby time is not as what is expected

I'm still waiting for my Droid 3, but my Droid 1 has the same problem often enough after a reboot. The only solution I found is, after reboot, put it in airplane mode then bring it back from flight mode. It sounds impractical, but works around the problem for me in the Droid 1. I've seen the same difficulty reported by others and I establish those “solution” months in one of the discussion. I'm not convinced it will work in Droid 3, nevertheless certainly significance trying.

That worked a little in my droid2global but not much. I have not had to try the device however, as the battery for Droid 3 was much better than its predecessor, and I'm talking about the widely used heavy going 12 hours before having to charge 15%. And there is no overheating of the battery, which was a huge problem for the four substitute’s droid2global. although I hear from a friend who was having the similar difficulty the unique poster and did the plane mode for 10 minutes after turning on the device once and had no problems since he's worth a try.

I'm actually worried about the make use of of the battery. I could go away a join of days with my Droid X flanked by charges. From time to time 3 days, the whole thing depended on how a great deal you talk on the phone. I am finding that with minimal interaction, voice calls and light text, and a mixture of inside and outside of Wi-Fi, the phone needs to be charged every day.
    • Cells expects a 22%
    • Bluetooth 22%
    • 22% WiFi
    • Terminal idle 21%
    • Android 10%
    • Android OS 6%
    • 1 hour battery this morning.

I conjecture you can turn off Bluetooth when I'm using. I never had to do that with my Droid X.

Using the phone in standby / battery is quite reasonable in difficult reception (eg, trains, Jersey City Riverfront in all the signs of moving away from Manhattan) - So in a day of work I get the same use As I got in my Original Droid .However - as already noticed - in the area of "easy" cell reception seems Bluetooth is a pig on this phone .I'm not sure what to do with it. I spent most of my weekends outdoors and need a phone that lasts a day easily with the use of light .There seems to be the case here. I'll give it a good workout this weekend - but it may have to come back (and I go back to the drawing board) if no claims.

I turned BT this morning and now after 8 hours yet I'm 70% with about 45 minutes of active use. That looks good to me. It seems that Bluetooth used both as the wireless radio. In the Bluetooth Original was insignificant in reserve .Now I have to retain information to turn it on previous to I get in the car, and links .Not ideal, nevertheless much brighter than before. Submit a report subsequent to the weekend outdoors with results.

That makes sense, but still not what I mean is that I would not look forward to the phone to be designed for that change to an internal function to go global for people who use it you'd think would have the IT department .However, if the phone is penetrating all the time extremely so then it makes sense. It seems that the difficulty of not meaningful your locked I be grateful for the information and I'm changing.