Thread: Does Nikon P300 stand besides Canon S95 when compared

Does Nikon P300 stand besides Canon S95 when compared

I just got a Canon S95. Nikon today publicize the P300 is a competitor. It costs $ 70 less and has an impressive feature set. A couple of negatives that can see the bat is the smallest CMOS and not RAW. Correct specifications, how to compare the two? I am also on the whole interested in low-light video. Until now, the Canon S95 is the low light HD video, the king of the compact. Based on the specifications of the Nikon, how to look compared to S95?

Re: Does Nikon P300 stand besides Canon S95 when compared

I consider Nikon is completely lost your target audience. On the one hand, to a large opening in the CMOS sensor F/1.8, claiming that under high-end lighting for shooter fans. On the other hand, forgot RAW, 1/2.3 sensor is a miniature usual, "and instead integrated a video high-resolution 1080, auto panorama mode and other sophisticated features that appeal to himself above all beginners, without popularity.

In my outlook it is for beginners. These, check out this camera will not endanger his capture short, so it's a mixture of things, and nothing good enough to beat the competition in any sector. I like the style of the Nikon seems to have a little better grip than the S95. RAW Agreement no shame in the P300 compared to the S95 Canon's RAW (Nikon's pricier, the P7000 has it). What is unanticipated is just how well Nikon will do in low light for videos.

P300 which looks very tempting. The idea of dropping a Nikon (Nikon always) crossed my mind. I could not understand RAW, however, the camera is priced at $ 330. By this I am interested in the full HD video, 24mm F/1.8 lens wide and elucidate CMOS. However, to see if Nikon AF solve the noise in the video mode. Nikon has a f1.8 - f4.9 lens, but a small 1/2.3 sensor on a question of degrees of freedom and control of noise above the Nikon "sensor should provide the S95 with its 1/1.6"

Nikon did not include obsession that people wanted to buy. A common sense alternative from Nikon should have admirable image quality and have specifications that meet or exceed Canon. Otherwise Nikon is selling an unfilled vat. Even today, Nikon has no way made yet a point of upright camera shot. The S95 still sits as the customary for high-end point shooting hand. The P300 is thought to be a entrant to the S95, but maybe not, too.