Thread: cannot access pre-installed applications in Nokia C2-01

cannot access pre-installed applications in Nokia C2-01

I bought the Nokia C2-01 7 days ago and having already swapped the phone once (today) have the same problem; I can go online to the internet browser and browse the internet fine, but I cannot access any of the pre-installed applications or any other applications I install.

After 5 phone calls to o2 (including alot of unsuccessful troubleshooting procedures) and a phone call to nokia, I booked an appointment with an o2 guru. After trying to solve the problem, the guru advised me to download the latest software when at home (of which I did) and if the problem still occured take it back to carphone warehouse. I then took the phone back to carphone warehouse (today) and they couldn't solve the problem either, so they swapped it for a new one.

I quote myself "Lets check the phone to make sure the problem has gone" only for the carphone warehouse guy to assure me that was not necessary as the problem would have definitely gone, well how wrong could he be! I got home, set the phone up and once again I could connect to the internet but not applications. I then rang o2 and told them my story, of which after an hour of trying, I was informed to take it back to carphone warehouse tomorrow, which I will do.

Hopefully though, the problem is resolvable and someone on here is able to help me. Somebody must know something, please help!

Thanks, Aaron

Re: cannot access pre-installed applications in Nokia C2-01

What applications are you trying to install in your nokia mobile phone? You have to check first of all which all kind of applications can be installed and run from the mobile phone Nokia C2-01. Have you installed all applications by downloading it from the store by surfing on the mobile internet, incase if any of the applications are not supported then you will get a error message saying that "application not compatible" or something.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

When downloading applications I have checked that they are compatible with the Nokia C2-01, but I always get the similar 'connection failed' message. Likewise, this even occurs for the preinstalled applications such as 'facebook' and 'ovi'.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it

Can you go to the mobile phone setting> configuration setting> and make sure that you are using internet access point and setting you are using, make it default by clicking on access point used in all apps. For java games or applications go into App. Manager and highlight the application then select, Options> Open and make sure "Network Access" is set to ask first time, and Access point is set correctly.

I have chosen the access point which nokia and o2 advised me to use, which is access point 1. O2 said that as the internet browser was working fine, that showed that there is not a problem with my internet connection. When accessing certain applications I am prompted about using network access (such as 'sketch effect') and I click to allow the connection, but still get a message relating to a connection failure.