Thread: Looking for some beginners information on Xbox Softmod

Looking for some beginners information on Xbox Softmod

I decided to make a media center box and from last week I am suffering to do this. I had collected some documents for Xbox Soft mode. I had did something and even runs some application on the same. But I am not satisfied for what I am looking for. I need some beginners knowledge to Softmod Xbox to check that where I had did mistake. And also if there is something wrong in my method how can I restore those things back again. At the most I will not really opt for restoring. I think that will not be so tough to do.

Re: Looking for some beginners information on Xbox Softmod

You need a appropriate bios for that. BIOS can be found on xbins for the same. I can recommend you only one Softmod. Search for Krayzie's Ndure Installer 1.1.1. I am not aware whether this will be the most lastest version, but just do not forget to search for the same. Among other things you can do with this is using Xbox Live. The same has been not yet tried with this. What you need is a memory card and an original game. Safe-modding does not consume much time in the same. Get appropriate tools for the same.

There are some points which I want to discuss before you go for Softmode. You must never write anything or makes changes in the EEPROM!. This is only allowed to you unless you can change the PAL to NTSC with an reliable and working program. This is very important to consider. Or else your all games will never work on the same. Also never write anything and do not change in the BIOS. There are some site which provide's you direct installer for the same. Ignore them completely.

Here are some steps that I had used for the same process. First make a backup from your retail disk. Backup data to your PC using a FTP program. Unpack XboxHDM on your pc. Put the eeprom backup xboxhdm in the \ linux \ eeprom folder, put C and E folder into the xboxhdm \ linux folder and overwrite the old files. At the root of xboxhdm run the file make-iso-win. Take out all your hard disks in your PC and put the new hard disk. This is recommended to avoid old hard drive from getting damaged and you can put that back in case you need your old system back.

Softmod in short is just an bunch of files on your hard drive attachment and no more. The main motive of this to replace the BIOS in your gaming console making it possible to run any kind of software and then load the normal dashboard. There are variety of softmod available for your use. It is recommended to perform the steps very carefully without affecting any other part of your console. Sometime the restoration of the same is really not easy.

First avoid creating folders in your Xbox. Ise an tool which can backup your drivers and EEPROM. This is needed in case of restoration. There are some ready to use tools that can help you to restore in case of severe issue. Avoid clearing of C drive completely. There are some very important files like xbe which if removed can cause serious erros. Avoid changing your drive letters and do not play with your Xbox partitions. This things are needed to be consider to perform a proper softmod.