Thread: Does iPod Touch can compete with iPad in case of apps

Does iPod Touch can compete with iPad in case of apps

A friend of mine is selling his iPod Touch. It is jailbreaked and there are many apps and games installed in the same. Luckily last week I got a chance to use iPad. This device is big enough with lots of features and new apps. Many of the similar apps I found in that. The only different that I noticed is that you get a bigger screen to enjoy games. So instead of going for an costly iPad I can satisfy myself with iPod Touch. Anyhow I am ready to compromise with the screen size. And I wil also not need to jailbreak the same. I am looking for some better comparison of both the device mostly for using various apps.

Re: Does iPod Touch can compete with iPad in case of apps

This is really no worthy to compare this both of them. iPod is an music player with an ios which inherit ipoad. The iPod Touch is the little brother of the iPhone. The operating system and the interface is the same. What you will not get is phone functionality like calling, GPS or compass and a wifi connection to share internet. You can try for an iPhone instead of iPod Touch. The iPhone also uses the iPhone OS has a much larger screen and it introduces new possibilities, and challenges.

The iPad is nothing more than a big iPod Touch. It is a bigger version of the same gadget. You get a bigger size and better touch interface. The coming update of the operating system OS 4.0 will allow iPod Touch users to get an access to the iBook Store. And this keeps on increasing as the much newer version and updates you receive. There is vast difference among both the gadgets and it is really not worth to compare it. I will advice to go for the most latest gadget only so that you can use the same in the coming future also.

To say that iPad looks like an larger version of the iPod Touch is not entirely wrong. The most significant difference that you can notice comes in reading of an electronic book. Or while watching video on the media player. The tablet of course is big in the size and has an awesome touch. It is really had to read on poorly small screen of the iPod Touch and on the other hand the backlight, lower pixel density, etc affects the eye. This issue does not effects the iPad. If yo are a reader kind of person and wants to reads lots of ebooks on your device then go for iPad.

It is right, that there is no worth in comparing both the devices with each other. iPod Touch is really an outdated device, while iPad is the most recent one. One of the things that attracts the attention of the iPad, compared to the iPod Touch is its huge screen. IPod's resolution is 480 × 320 pixels, while the iPhone is 1024 x 768. On the iPod Touch there is only space for four icons in the taskbar, while the iPhone supports two more. Another difference is that the iPhone can turn the desktop device and adjusts to landscape mode, which does not happen in the iPod Touch. Obviously, the iPhone icons are also larger.

iPod is fine if you are getting this on relatively low price. iPod brings more standard applications than the iPad. In iPod Touch you can have Mail, Calendar, Photos, Contacts, YouTube, Stocks, Maps, Time, Memo, Notes, Clock, Calculator, iTunes, Video, Music, App Store and Safari. The iPhone does not come with such apps and they are some limited applications. But after jail breaking the same you can enjoy those apps on it.