Thread: Nikon d5100 VS canon 550d

Nikon d5100 VS canon 550d

I want to purchase a new DSLR camera and I am looking to buy either Canon 550D or Nikon D5100 camera. I wanted to know which one is better between these two? When I checked their technical specs then they were almost having the same configuration with some slight difference in price range. I want to use the camere specifically for photos and video. Can anyone suggest which one should I go with? Thanks

Re: Nikon d5100 VS canon 550d

Well, there is no difference between the 2 camera that you want to compare from a beginners point of view. But I would like to suggest you to go with Nikon because it is no doubt the best camera at extreme high ISO. I also like the Nikon kit lenses to all other kit lenses. They have a very big kit lenses but all other kit lenses are also good these days. Everyone has their own different opinion so go for what suits you best.

Re: Nikon d5100 VS canon 550d

I personally feel that Canon consists more photographer geared feature set overall. When you shoot portraits or want to use fill in flash outside then the Nikon wont be able to do HSS with a dedicated flash which seems to be a limitation for fill flash shooters. Canon also has a better VF on it compared to Nikon which is pretty annoying. I think that Canon 550D will be the best bang for the buck at a price point than Nikon camera.

It really depends on your personal preference for which camera to purchase. Both Nikon D5100 and Canon 550D are quality product with good body and lenses. if you are a beginner then you can start with the kit lens and telephoto zoom which will give you a good range to start. You can buy a flash for indoor photography and fast zooms are very costly so if you can use a flash with slow zoom then it will be fine for you.