Thread: SDHC or SDXC card for HTC Sensation

SDHC or SDXC card for HTC Sensation

Hi I have recently bought a HTC sensation for myself and before that I have read almost all t he articles about the phone and from that only I came to know that it will take 32Gb SDHC memory card but I think SDHC cards will not be modernized to enlarged capacity, isn’t it?

Whereas I have seen that there are SDXC memory card available with 64Gb or 128Gb capacity, so isn’t it better to purchase that card only? or what is the basic difference between those cards, why there are this much difference in the capacity? And most importantly will it work with my HTC? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

re: SDHC or SDXC card for HTC Sensation

I would say this is the best question you have asked because I am also confused between this only, as I have the SDHC card only in my mobile and which is not actually enough to be with, but along with that there isn’t any new about the another one as will it work with the phone or not, but till that I would suggest you that you should not buy any such card until you get the proper idea about it, or else it would be worthless if not supported by the phone.

I have seen the news as if the mobile has the android update then it can easily support the another memory card in the mobile for sure, but still I won’t recommend you to burn the money just for this, rather you should wait till you get the confirmation, because as far as I know the card is too costly and if suppose you buy that and it won’t be supported by the phone then it would be of no use.

Dude there is no such difference in the card because as they both are the media used for storing the content in the device, I can say that the SDXC memory card are the newer one with the higher capacity, otherwise there won’t be any bigger difference, and I am using the same in my mobile but I am not sure about yours, thus I would suggest you that you should try to contact the HTC for the further information on that, from there only you’ll get the proper information.

See as you are asking about t he difference between those cards I would say the SDXC are the newer product with the higher capacity with the higher transfer rate. You can transfer the content to SDHC card with the maximum speed of 22MB/s where are if you transfer the same content to the SDXC card it will transfer it with the 35MB/s. SDHC was class 4 card whereas SDXC is the class 6 cards, the class only defines the speed of transfer rate.

Thanks dude for the immediate replies, as it was really helpful, because I was just about to buy the card, but as per your recommendation I tried the HTC service center for the compatibility of card with the mobile, but they didn’t have any answer, which is too awful rather annoying thing, but thanks for the suggestion guys, but if suppose I get the SDHC even so which brand would be best and of how much capacity shall I buy?

Re: SDHC or SDXC card for HTC Sensation

According to me as far as I know kingstone is the very leading brand in the market for such a product, but off course there are too many other too, but still you can search the internet net for further information on this, and if you concern about the capacity, I would say that you have to decide according to your need and the usage, as if you want to store more content on the card you can simply buy the 32GB card, and that would be enough for sure.