Thread: Is it possible to run iOS or ANDROID application in webOS?

Is it possible to run iOS or ANDROID application in webOS?

Well I had bought the hp touch pad few days back well everything is working fine I just want ask is it possible to run the ios or android application in the webos. Well I had heard that Meego os usually run the android application. well I’m really new to it and I don’t know much about so please suggest me regarding this and I’m not getting the things for this I had even search for this on net but dint get anything. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Is it possible to run iOS or ANDROID application in webOS?

According to my information hp had made the strategic which had design the touchpad which is too much similar to the ipad specification and for few reasons. Well it makes it much easier to port the application and even the games to the touch pad as the screen resolution is somewhat same to the ipad. Well I’m sure that hp is having the custom developer tools which are waiting for the developers which help to convert it to the touchpad.

I don’t this what the playbook is doing. it make a use the emulator which helps to run the android application which will going to boost the application catalog. Well I don’t think webos will going to do this as the hp catalog is better and its really have better quality application and you won’t find any waste application in it. I think the playbook cant able to run the stock android application by making use of android market.

I think they need to be repacked by make us of playbook sdk and then pushed it to the playbook application store which usually works. If you combine the ipad and hp touch then you will be able to see that the hp is at the second position and apple is at first when it comes to the tablet and it will be same till the end of the year ipad is at the first and then the touchpad. Hope this information help you a lot and it will solve your problem.

I think it’s not worth to make a use of Meego. The only thing it will boost is by leveraging its competitor’s library application. Well the Meego usually make a use of Myriad's Alien Davlik engine which helps the Meego to run the android application but it usually have an expanse of license cost and lower exclusivity, fewer ported and even the native application which usually reduced the revenue from the application store.

Well I think it’s not possible to run iOS or ANDROID application in webOS because the hp won’t take the strategy of Meego which help them to easily port there application. Well they usually encourage in porting as the native application will going to run fast as compare to the application run with the emulator and even they want to keep the licensing and even the support cost at lower cost. And I think android market will not going to give any sort of revenue to the hp.