Thread: Unable to configure proxy settings after using Secure Erasing in hp touchpad

Unable to configure proxy settings after using Secure Erasing in hp touchpad

I am having hp touchpad which I had bought few years back and now I’m planning to sell it out for that I was doing the secure erase so that my touchpad return to the best buy and since after that I was not able to configure proxy settings and even my wifi stop working well I was able to use my launch day Sprint Pre. Please help me reagarding this issue. I had made a search regarding this on net but was not able to get anything. Any solution will be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Unable to configure proxy settings after using Secure Erasing in hp touchpad

I think you should wait for the ota update and just check whether it will going to fix your problem and I’m sure that it will going to fixed in the first OTA and even in the second OTA and if the problem still persist then you must tried to do the hard reset and even the factory reset and after that try to configure your proxy setting and if it’s still doesn’t work then you must call the hp technical support and ask them how to configure and they will surely going to assist you.

Re: Unable to configure proxy settings after using Secure Erasing in hp touchpad

Well even I was searching for configuring the proxy setting but I think this would be possible with the help of some patched which going to be provided by the hp or you will get in on net. You can even try with the help of command prompt in which you export the http proxy environment variable and it will going to force the browser to make a use of proxy and from there you will able to see that some items had be added with the help of patch in the browser menu.

I think the hardest part is to get the login and password. Well I think the hp will going to target the enterprise and they will surely going to fix this. You should try to update your OTA but I think the OTA patch won’t come up with much bugs fixes. And it doesn’t fix the http proxy issue and even the Quick Office editing. Hope the hp fixes the bugs in other OTA updates and I’m sure it will going to take few days for official launch.