Thread: No signal on Optus Iphone 4

No signal on Optus Iphone 4

I've got a 16gb Iphone 4 on the Optus network. I do get service out on the road and a little bit outside in the yard of our house, not a lot though. I know that the new phone can access the 900 band thing with Optus? I now get a constant searching or no service display. Is there any reasoning behind this no signal issue? Optus states that network are fine in my area and that no repair has been taken on in the last week to cause network interruption. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: No signal on Optus Iphone 4

Do you have a second phone or a phone you can use off a mate, stick your sim in their phone and see if it shows the same behavior, this should some suggestion as to if it's a network or phone issue. If the same thing happens on that Iphone 4 then I think this is the sim card problem. You need to just replace this sim card and get new sim card. The sealer of the Optus will do this task easily. Try this solution and see what happen.

You need to try resetting network settings on this iPhone 4. This will be help you to solve the no signal problem. Yes, this happen in many of the time that the iphone will be not able to detect the signal by this network setting. In this case, we need to reset this setting. For doing this task, you need to open Settings menu and then hit the General option. Then use the Reset option and Reset Network Settings. This will be help to solve problem.

I suggest you that try turning the phone on and off. This will be also work in some rare case. Then you need to just push the power button for long time. It switches off the iPhone. Then again the push this power button for power on. It might be solving your problem. The other solution is to be seeing if you can get a new sim card from Amaysim and see if that fixes the problem. This is the also other way to remove no signal problem.

The same issue I also faced yesterday. I have an iPhone 4 running ios4.1 and I'm located south side Brisbane. I tried data on both 2G and 3G with no throughput at all at times. Then I do the reset network settings, or restart task on this Phone 4. Then it will be work and finally I was able to solve this problem. This is happen several times and that time I just do this reset or the reboot task on my iPhone. You can also use this solution.

Apart from the known issue recently which has been fixed, I get excellent coverage with Optus and great data speeds. This is happen when I faced the problem with this iPhone 4. In that time, I contact the telecommunications Ombudsman. They give me the correct process to solve this no signal problem. Now the network coverage for this iPhone works well without any problem. I think you also need to do this task.

If you couldn't get a signal inside house or any building really, and never 3G, then I think the problem is present inside the iPhone 4. You need to replace this iPhone immediately. This is necessary and it will be help you to remove such kind of problem without taking extra charge. We can’t sure that the problem is present in the iPhone but it could also possible that the problem is in the sim card. You need to check this entire thing for solving the problem.