Thread: Do Motorola droid 3 has gorilla glass display?

Do Motorola droid 3 has gorilla glass display?

Hi, I have recently purchased a mobile called Motorola droid 3 and I have some doubt regarding the screen of the mobile, as I have heard that all the good phones and tablet even comes up with the gorilla glass display, so I am not getting that what is the difference in those glasses? I mean to say that what is the basic difference between the traditional glass and the gorilla glass. And what are the features of that glass, if suppose Motorola droid 3 doesn’t have the glass so can we replace it with it ? any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Do Motorola droid 3 has gorilla glass display?

See the basic difference between the traditional glass and the gorilla glass is like it is damage resistance to the grazes, drops, and bumps. The glasses are actually thin and the surface becomes cool for touching, this kind of glasses are specially designed for sleek, seamless structured phones. Its outstanding optical clarity makes it deal good with other high definition devices, but I am really sorry as I am not very much aware about your mobile so I don’t know whether your has this display or not.

I know that the phone that you have doesn’t have the gorilla glass display as your phone has TFT capacitive touch screen, with 16 million color display which is also good, but if you just keep comparing your mobile screen with others then that doesn’t make any sense, though all the phones comes up with this gorilla glass display, but still one you have is also good, rather the main thing about the screen is the resolution, which is good with your mobile.

As you are asking about changing the screen which doesn’t make any sense really because this is the company’s manufacturing so you can’t change it as per your convenience, but still if you just want a confirmation for this, you can simply contact the Motorola service center for the further assistance, but as far as I know you cannot change the screen of your mobile, rather you can have a good protector for your screen so it would also work better, and will protect your mobile from being scratched or bumped.

Thanks for the suggestions dude as this was helpful really, after reading the comments this was the only thing that made me regret once, but it’s ok, isn’t it if I put the scratch guard on the screen, so I would like to know about that as well, though which one would be best guard for the mobile that can I put up with the mobile. Anyways thanks for the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaware View Post
    I know that the phone that you have doesn’t have the gorilla glass display as your phone has TFT capacitive touch screen
    I think you are wrong buddy.... because as i can see on its official site.. they have mentioned that Droid 3 also features Gorilla Glass even with glare reducing coating. You can check out here. .

That would be good idea as you put the scratch guard on the surface because it is needed for the capacitive screen they are delicate if compare to gorilla glass display. and for that if you are looking to have it from the internet that you can have too many option to select from as there are too many brands which has the same product, but if you are going to get it from the shop then you’ll have very limited brands to select from, so just check it out from the internet and select the one according to your budget.

It does use Gorilla glass, as the Moto website says: DISPLAY TYPE
    TFT (16M colors), Corning® Gorilla® Glass