Thread: Unable to use video chat function with android 2.3.4 on Motorola droid 3

Unable to use video chat function with android 2.3.4 on Motorola droid 3

Hi, I have a Motorola droid 3 and in when I bought the mobile it comes up with the android 2.3.4, and it has a google talk a basic application, and with the help of that application we can simply make a video call as well, but I have seen many people having problem with video chatting so is this is the basic problem or this is only with their device? I haven’t use d it but I would like to know about that, as knowing different phone is having fun.

Re: Unable to use video chat function with android 2.3.4 on Motorola droid 3

Yeah though the persons who has the latest versions of the android OS they are pursuing the problem with the video chat, and for that I would say this is the problem because of their device, it’s always not necessary that though you have a good operating system you’ll be able to use all this functions, but as far as your device is concern, I don’t think there is any problem, so many people are using this features with their phone.

I am completely agree with the above user, and off course there are too many settings also that we have to make in order to use the video chat function with the mobile you have mentioned, and if you don’t do that then whatever you do you’ll not be able to use the function for sure. So if you are planning to use it, make sure that you have configured the internet setting, you should have a streaming profiles as well as internet profiles made in your mobile phone.

I have a same mobile phone and the thing that makes me wonder is like I can use the video chat with the help of google talk but not if I use skype. So what will be the problem, is there anyone have some idea about this, because as the above user mentioned I have done all the settings, and that’s the obvious thing as I am able to use the function with the google. But yeah that’s pretty sure that you can use it without any glitches.

As the extent to I know working of the google talk rely on the version of it , because if you are using the older version you’ll not get the facility to use it, rather if you have the older version you need to get the latest version from the internet, you can download it from the market as well, and that would be the better option. And off course for the above user as well, you need to have a latest version of skype in your mobile for video chatting.

I am wholly agree with the above user, as first of all we need to have the latest software for sure, but along with that we must have to have a very good internet connection as well, if you don’t have a faster connection then also you’ll not be able to use this function, and many operator have the 3G service provided to their users, so if you are planning to use the video chat you can get that service enable for your device, and as far as I know there are too many plans also, from which you can select.