Thread: Home screen keeps crashing on Motorola droid 3

Home screen keeps crashing on Motorola droid 3

Hi, I own a Motorola droid from last few days and when I started it there were no such icons on the screen present, so after that i personalized the home screen and as I put some contact icons and some of shortcuts to the home screen, it was continuously keeps crashing, I am trying to figure out why this is happening, because if I didn’t put any of the Icon on the screen, it works perfectly. So I am not getting why this is happening. Any suggestion?

Re: Home screen keeps crashing on Motorola droid 3

I think you might have some problem in the firmware that you are using, because I haven’t seen any such problem with my device, so I think you need to first check whether the firmware that you are using is perfectly ok or not, and you can contact the to the service center for this, but I think they will tell you to visit the service center perhaps, so for that you can simply visit the nearer technician as well for the testing the firmware, so you’ll get the clear idea.

I think it seems that there is some problem with the particular application because, as the above user mentioned I also haven’t seen this problem ever before. But when I had installed a faulty application once in my mobile, then I was having the same problem, the phone was crashing and keeps rebooting each and every time I open the application. So if you have installed any such application, you need to delete that for sure, because I know just now this is just crashing, but after sometime you’ll get some more problem, so it better to get out of this as soon as possible.

Have you ever update the firmware of your mobile, because I have done that and after that only I have started getting the problem, so I would say there are too many bugs in the newer firmware, so if you have installed that only you need to downgrade the firmware that you are using, or else there is no such update or patch for getting out of these. So do that first and then informed us.

According to me the major problem is with the camera application, because I have also got the same problem as when we put the camera shortcut on the home screen suddenly it’s just stared crashing and the phone gets stuck between, and with no other option I have to reboot I, so I would say this is the general bug in the software that we are using, but I haven’t contacted Motorola service center for this, so I would say you should at least try to contact them and see what they are saying about this.

Thanks for the immediate replies though it was not really helpful, but I have tried almost everything to avoid this, as I have deleted all the application that I had downloaded from the internet, after that tried to reset the phone as well but still the same is happening, then I thought there would be any virus in the SD card and because of the only this is happening, but still no luck, I would say I am wholly fed up with this, so any more recommendation?

I think you have some serious problem with your device for sure so as the above user mentioned you should try to visit the service center, and inquire about the problem, and if you think that the problem is in the software itself, though don’t try to reinstall it on your own, because it seems the device is new and if you make any changes on your own you’ll void the warranty for sure.