Thread: Is there any way to play AVI format Video files in nokia C6

Is there any way to play AVI format Video files in nokia C6

Before one moth I have bought nokia C6 mobile and I normally use my mobile phone to play games and watch videos. Now some Days before I have get the video from my sister which is in .avi format and after that when I try to play that file in my mobile at that time I am not able to play it . Please tell me is there any way to play avi file in my mobile then please let me know.

Re: Is there any way to play AVI format Video files in nokia C6

As you have said that you are trying to play avi file in your nokia C6 mobile phone but your mobile is not allowing play it. I would like to tell you that as far as I know nokia C6 does not support video formats like .avi and that is why if you want play that file in your nokia C6 then you have to first convert that file in to the format which support in in your mobile and after converting that file you have transfer it in your mobile. I think after doing that you will not face any issue.

Well if you want to play that avi file in your nokia C6 mobile then you can play it in your mobile by doing following steps. First you have to download the smart movie player in your mobile and after that you have to also download the codec pack for that and after doing that you have to install it in your nokia C6 mobile and after that you will be able to play the avi file in your mobile.

After reading your above post I would like to ask you that in my nokia C6 I should go for which video format? And if I have to covert that video then what should I do? I am telling you this because I have never converted any videos for my nokia C6 so I don’t know which format will support in my mobile. Please give me reply for this as soon as possible. Thank you in advance

After searching on the internet I have came to know that in your mobile phone mp4 and 3GP format is natively supported and I think you should convert your videos according to this format. While converting the videos you have to make sure that you have set the resolution 640 x 360 and after that you will be able to play any files in your nokia C6. You can find the free videos converters on the internet.

If you don’t want to convert videos then you can try this solution. First you have download the DivX player and after that you have to install the divx payer in your mobile and then you will be able to play the avi file in your nokia C6. You can download the DivX player from mobile official page or you can also download the divx player from other third party site also. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

As you have said I have tried to use smart movie application in my mobile but after installing that my mobile start freezing randomly so I uninstalled that application from my mobile and after that I have converted the video and run that video in my mobile which worked very well. Now after that I have also tried Div x player which solved whole issue. it is very player and now I don’t have to convert the video every time. Thank you for the help.