Thread: Unable to add contact number to SMS in Nokia X2-01

Unable to add contact number to SMS in Nokia X2-01

As the title clearly suggests that I am not able to add any contact number to my messages in my one month old Nokia X2-01 mobile phone. This issue have recently started occurring as I did not faced anything like this in past. No matter where I go, I am unable to find any option to add contact numbers in my messages. Does anyone know what might be causing this issue with my mobile? Please if someone is having any solution to solve the issue, feel free to post your helpful suggestions.

re: Unable to add contact number to SMS in Nokia X2-01

First of all you should make sure that you are having numbers saved in the contact list. Also, you should check out whether you have selected both SIM or Phone contacts in the display option of Contacts. It might be possible that you might have selected only SIM contacts option and you might not have saved contacts in your SIM card or vice-versa. If this is a case then definitely you won’t be able to see any contacts. So, make sure that you have added contacts and you have selected both yor phone and sim card option when it comes to displaying the contacts.

Thanks for the suggestion. It helped me clear my doubt. I had selected SIM card in the display contacts option and was not having any contacts stored in it and that is why I was unable to find any contacts when I clicked on the insert contact option. Anyways I am having many doubts. I have noticed the option to attach business card in my device, but when I am trying to perform the same, I am unable to do so. What might be the reason behind this now?

I am not sure whether this is actually a solution for your problem but as you have mentioned that the issue started only in recent times and you were not facing the problem in past, then I feel that, Performing Restore Factory Settings might help you in rolling back your mobile phone to out-of-box settings which was available in the mobile phone, when you had actually purchased the following mobile phone.

According to me there is an issue with the firmware installed in your Nokia X2-01 mobile phone. So, in this condition, first you should install Nokia PC Suite of the Nokia Ovi Suite in your computer system or laptop. Make sure that the system is having Internet connection in it. Once you can made sure about following features, you should connect your mobile to your system and start the PC Suite or the OVI Suite as per the requirement. Now Search for the latest available firmware update for your particular mobile phone. If you find one then perform the same.

Re: Unable to add contact number to SMS in Nokia X2-01

You Nokia X2-01 seems to be faulty to me and it needs a repairing if not replacement. I have not heard about Nokia replacing their faulty devices with a brand new one but atleast you can get your device complete repaired. So, contact the nearest Nokia Store and get help from the staff available there to eliminate your problem. Make sure that you are getting the bill and the Warranty card of your mobile phone along with you. This will help you get a free service from Nokia

Re: Unable to add contact number to SMS in Nokia X2-01

I dont think there is any wrong with the phone or its software. I just bought the same type of phone and realise when I wanted to insert a contact No into a message that it is practically impossible. Some phones are like that, but I dont expect that from Nokia x2-01 model at all.