Thread: Usage of Memory card in Nokia X3-02 mobile phone

Usage of Memory card in Nokia X3-02 mobile phone

This thread is regarding the issue which my younger brother is facing in his two month old Nokia X3-02 mobile phone. Recently we happened to purchase a 4GB memory card for him cellphone. The memory card seems to have got detected by the mobile phone and it even looked like it will work well with the device. But when it comes to downloading some file in the mobile phone, I am always prompted to delete some space from my mobile phone’s phone memory. So, I wanted to know whether there was any solution, by which I can directly make my phone to doanload any file directly to my memory card and not the phone memory? Please help me in solving the issue.

Re: Usage of Memory card in Nokia X3-02 mobile phone

Usually when your downloading or receiving any file in your mobile phone, after you have completed receiving the file in your cellphone, the device will automatically ask the user where actually he wish to save his files and directs us to the Gallery directly. So, I will suggest you to search for the memory card option and save the files in memory card option instead of selecting any of your Phone memory location.

Thank you for helping dude. It was very kind of you to do so. Actually I am very new to the Nokia mobile phones and so do is my brother, so we are having plenty of doubts with us regarding the usage of our Nokia X3-02 mobile phone. After transferring few music files in my mobile phone, the phone is showing some message with heading “1.2 MB memory is needed. Delete some items.” I am unable to understand why I am getting this message as I already have got a 4GB memory card which is rarely filled inside the mobile phone.

I think, you are saving the music file in your Phone memory which is limited and way lesser then your memory card. So, you should probably try to save the songs inside your memory card instead of saving them in your phone memory. You should remember that whenever you are using your mobile phone, like viewing few files, watching videos, playing songs or whatever, the phone is using the phone memory available in your device. So, you should make sure that you are keeping the following memory free enough that your device is running smoothly.

You can use you mobile phone directly to transfer the files in your phone memory to your memory card which is installed in your cellphone. You can perform this transfer of data via gallery. Go to Gallery and press and hold the file which you wish to transfer from your phone memory to your memory card. On holding the file, a new popup will appear which will be having a bit of options, Select Move. This will make the phone ask you where you wish to move the following file to. Go to memory card, open it and save to the folder where you wish to move the file.

You can also use another, but a bit tedious way to transfer the data file to the memory card of your mobile phone. To perform this, you need to connect your Nokia mobile phone to the computer system which has got Nokia Ovi Suite installed in it. Once the connection is established, Start the My computer and you will be able to find options of Phone Memory and Memory Card visible. Move the files which you wish to in between these two folders.