Thread: How to disable Power saving/Sleep mode in Nokia X2-00

How to disable Power saving/Sleep mode in Nokia X2-00

I purchased the all new Nokia X2-00 cellphone for myself. It is pretty decent mobile phone and it seems to be good and I am pretty much satisfied with it. I just have a small doubt regarding the cell phone which is bothering me form a while. The doubt is about the screen-saver. I have activated a digital clock as the screen saver but when the screen locks, the screen will go totally black i.e. it is going to the Sleep mode and wakes up only after I hit some button. I am irritated with this. Can anyone say what is this and why is this happening with my device?

Re: How to disable Power saving/Sleep mode in Nokia X2-00

This is how all the new Nokia mobile phones are working. It is a new feature added to the cellphone which will help the user to save a bit of its battery power. By going to the sleep mode, the mobile phone saves upto 15% of the battery power by terminating all the unnecessary processes which were running in background in your mobile phone. This will increase the life span of your battery thus allowing your mobile phone to work for little longer time.

Thank for the information. But I don’t want my Nokia X2-00 mobile phone to have anything like this activated in it. I want the phone not to go in sleep mode and only show the screen saver which I have saved. I wish to see the clock and also icons if I am receiving any kind of calls, missed calls or messages. How can I deactivate the Sleep mode in my Nokia X2-00 mobile phone? Many times it happen that the mobile remains in sleep mode and then I receive some call, and when I click the side button to check who is calling, instead the call gets received, thus not giving me nay chance to know who has called. Please help.

I am no sure about this, but I seriously don’t think there will be any way to deactivate/disable the Sleep mode in your Nokia X2-00 mobile phone. Yes, but to solve your problem of unable to see who is calling and to stop receiving calls with the click of your side button, I will recommend you to disable or turn off the AnyKey answer feature off in your mobile phone. Thus you will be able to receive calls only when you click on the green button, call button available in your mobile phone.

According to me you should read the manual or the user guide which came along with the Nokia X2-00 mobile phone and look out for suggestions/ solutions which would make it possible for you to disable or turn off the Power Saving feature in your mobile phone. Most probably you will be able to find the same in the manual of the Nokia X2-00 mobile phone. If still you are unable to find any solution in the user guide I will recommend you to search for the same topic on Internet for more help.

I am not sure whether this will actually work in your case as well, but it did worked for my Nokia N85 mobile phone. So, I can suggest you the solution which had worked for me and many like me other Nokia users. You can deactivate the power saving mode by just pressing the power button of your Nokia mobile phone. When you just click the following button, you get a list of options. Look for Power Saving and deactivate the same. But you should make sure that your battery is fully charged before you are performing anything like this.

Following are the few steps which I came across on Internet and which has worked wonders for many people who are using Nokia mobile phones. So, I would suggest you to have a look at the following few steps and perform the same inorder to fix your issue. I am not 100% sure that this will help you, but I feel that it is worth giving atleast one try. Go to the following options in your Nokia X2-00 mobile phone to disable Power Saving mode: main menu > control panel > settings > General > Personlization > themes > Power saver. Once you reached the following location select Power saver to none and save the changes.