Thread: Unable to auto sync Gmail in HTC Sensation

Unable to auto sync Gmail in HTC Sensation

As the title of this thread says, I am unable to sync my Gmail account with my HTC Sensation Smartphone. I purchased this amazing Android mobile phone yesterday and I am still trying to understand the working of the cellphone. Please help me in synching my Gmail account with my mobile phone. I have noticed that I have to open the mail app and then click on refresh option inorder to download the mail. Any suggestions regarding the topic will be appreciated.

Re: Unable to auto sync Gmail in HTC Sensation

This looks to be a very strange problem as your HTC Sensation is a brand new mobile phone. But it is ok, as all the Android cellphones seems to be going through this issue some or other time. What you need to do is go to the following path:
    • Settings > Application > Manage Applications.
    • Here you should look for the Gmail and click on it to enter its options.
    • Now, you will see options to clear cache and data. Perform the action and then close it.
    • Now restart your Smartphone and then go back to Gmail.
    • Click on the menu key and then click on Gmail account.
    • Here you will be finding an option to sync. Click on the “Sync Now” option and see the changes.

Thank for the detailed view of the procedure to sync an account in my HTC Sensation mobile phone. I went through what you mentioned and performed the same in the mentioned order, but unfortunately nothing seems to be changing. I am still stuck where I had started it. Still I am unable to sync my Gmail account with my HTC Sensation device. Still I am unable to retrieve any emails automatically in my mobile phone. Does anyone have any more suggestions? Please feel free to help as your suggestions will always be appreciated.

This might sound little harsh to you but I don’t find anything other than performing the Hard Reset process in your HTC Sensation mobile phone to work for you and solve your issue. So, I will suggest you perform Hard reset in your mobile phone and check out whether you are still facing the same issue with your device or not. Hard reset will reinstall all the factory settings in your mobile phone thus deleting all the changes which were made by the users in the device.

As this is a very new mobile phone, I will suggest you to submit your mobile phone to the nearest HTC store and ask the tech support staff present in the HTC Store to solve the issue. Although the cellphone is brand new so it is but obvious under warranty period, so you should avail the advantage of the warranty period. The charges will be nil and you will be getting your device serviced completely for free of cost.

I too was facing this issue with my HTC Sensation Smartphone and luckily I was able to solve the issue by performing below few steps. Go to the following location i.e. Settings > Accounts and Sync, and enable the Background Data and Auto-sync option. This might help you out solving the problem with your device. If still you are unable to fix the issue then I feel that the issue might be occurring because of some issues with other toggle in your device like the "Enable Power Efficiency" under Settings> Power, can also cause switching off of Auto Sync .

I searched for a working solution for the issue which you are facing, and came across these following steps which actually had fixed many people’s problems. SO, you can give it a shot:
    • Go to the "Mail" app and setup your Gmail account
    • Go to “Accounts & Sync” > Mail
    • Check the following few options like "Sync mail", "Update when opened”, "Update schedule", "Every 5 minutes"
    • Now, click on the "Account settings" followed by "Notification settings" and then uncheck the Email notifications option.