Thread: Use candles instead of sensor bar for Nintendo Wii

Use candles instead of sensor bar for Nintendo Wii

Recently I have achieved this trick where you can put back the sensor bar through 2 candles and the best thing is it worked without any reason. By looking at this it seems to me that it must be somewhat through the infrared light fire gives off. I have seen this video on Youtube. Does anybody familiar with this thing before me?

Re: Use candles instead of sensor bar for Nintendo Wii

A flame still emits infrared rays, which is exactly the same thing that makes the sensor bar (which actually has absolutely no sensor!), I also mentioned in another thread. Now, for sure a candle is not "optimized" for this task, so do not know how everything will work, you may find cmq theoretical conditions in which it is perfectly feasible

The sensor bar, if you look carefully, has, at its ends, 2 parts shiny opaque than the central tendency. Those are infrared transmitters that delimit the space of action of the cursor. The Wiimote receives the signal from the infrared, converts it into position in space and sends this information to the Wii via bluetooth. Finally, the Wii transforms this information to position the cursor on the screen. Without candles, virtually connects to the PC via wiiremote Bluetooth and the ability to capture the wiiremote the infrared using a pen with LED diode on the tip as a pointer and an LCD screen seems to have a touch screen

From the basic idea that works of course. The sensor bar itself transmits no information on Wii, it sends off only infrared rays so that the Wiimote can locate them and can then send this information via Bluetooth to Wii. (Thus the cable of the sensor bar really serves as a power supply). As we all know belongs to the natural light spectrum, infrared light, so you can theoretically replace the sensor bar simply by a candle, as they also radiates infrared Lich. Problem here is that the Wiimote of course, a correspondingly strong IR emitter needs to function well. The sensor bar is as well send correspondingly strong infrared radiation, a candle cannot be so strong, therefore, the IR radiation from the candle of normal solar covers are -> this works only with the candles in a darkened room.

Obviously works to ensure that the bar even after failure of some LEDs still, and to ensure that the signal bar is always stronger than the ambient radiation by daylight or candles. If the bar is off, but this is what candles, so they can be used as a substitute signal.

Wii sensor bar to have grown up quite a few myths! I want to briefly touch on the mystery once sensor bar, and so dispel the rumors about this device. I want to briefly mention the built-in technology, the operation of the sensor bar and whether it is true that the sensor bar can also be easily replaced by a candle. In theory this should work even if two people besides the Wii idpv put two candles as people also IR radiation emmittence. The signal will be strong enough is another matter