Thread: How to speed Up PS3 by Reconstructing Hard Disk Database

How to speed Up PS3 by Reconstructing Hard Disk Database

From the past several months I have been observing that the number of topics recently regarding people who have just been irritable concerning the XMB being sluggish, otherwise awful trophy sync speeds or else additional things. But I think that there are some guides on the internet which were describing that you can speed up the PS3. Do you think that those technique really going to work now.

Re: How to speed Up PS3 by Reconstructing Hard Disk Database

It is not advisable to turn off the console but as I see the HDD light is not flashing and that therefore it is not active, I decided to reboot the ps3 anyway, eventually to return to the same problem Those who have already dealt with the reconstruction of the database on the hard drive, the gauge percentage you it has advanced rapidly and it also stuck at 8% advance in the future? Because to me, it looks to block 8%. Finally I'll leave turn on the PS3 and we'll see when I get back if it has advanced.

By using the service menu your database 'rebuild' you make sure to it that everything neatly in his "place" is making the sync speed should proceed. We've been tested, and it seems to work much faster sync the trophies.
    • Shutdown PS3
    • Hold the power button till the PS3 shuts down after some beeps by Itself
    • Hold the power button down again, till you hear a "double beep"
    • Unhand the button, now the service menu starts
    • Choose option 4 "Rebuild Database"
    • Done, now your PS3 updates the trophies again very fast

In addition to running tests automatically check the playstation you hand a test on speedtest.net using the browser directly to the game: what happens to me a playstation detects a connection of 1 megabit bit and then when I tested the browser flowing abundantly 4 megabits. As you rightly said to play, then Skydragon what matters is the ping, ie the speed of the response time between server and client, the more the better. Just for patches or DLC you need a good group, but given the average size of files, once they go to 200-300 kilobytes per second download time is more than acceptable.

Very simple, you start on the PS3 but leave your hand still pressing the power button until the PS3 goes out. Then run back to your PS3 and let you put your hand on the button until your PS2 2 time’s short beeps, and then got into the service menu. I must say that it works properly heard, tried it myself

First, the reconstruction of the database has damn nothing to do with the firmware, it's just the "scandisk" on the PS3! ca is used to transfer the tempo, eliminate open files unsealed and destroy all traces of corrupted file. Then, a change of hard disk will be asked to update the firmware, not because of the console, but because of all the "writing on firmware disk drive" that the console will want to synchronize properly, and on this point, Sony is not the lace because the same time doing everything or nothing at all, AC has the advantage to square the OS and firmware If you have time before you go ahead and do a reconstruction, ca not eat bread and AC will not hurt, then your backup just after if you're in a hurry, hop, backup directly. Rebuilding destroyed and other playlists as well as the rankings changed files from the PS3.

You say that reconstruction has nothing to do with firmware, but it serves to remove the trace, and you also said that it is a scandisk. So all this means that the reconstruction of the database has to see something with the firmware, as it also allows to check any error that would could hide in the firmware. So the scandisk does not fix a problem certe firmware, but the whole score system scan and identify any errors and cleans your tracks in passing.