Thread: No 3G service in my HTC Sensation handset

No 3G service in my HTC Sensation handset

I recently started using the HTC Sensation mobile phone which is having Android OS in it. The Smartphone seems to be amazing. It has got almost all the features I was looking for in my Smartphone. But unfortunately my device is also having a loop hole in it. I have noticed that the 3G service of my mobile phone is not at all working. It did worked perfectly for one day, but later it started up with the issue. Does anyone know what might be causing the problem with my cellphone? Please help me in solving the issue.

Re: No 3G service in my HTC Sensation handset

Reading your query I am assuming that the 3G service is stopped in your device because you might have not activated any data plan in your device. So, I will recommend you to call up the customer care of your service provider and make sure that you have activated the 3G service in your mobile phone. You won’t be able to make use of the 3G service unless you have activated it in your Smartphone. You will be requiring settings inorder to start the service, which your service provider will give you.

As you mentioned that the 3G service did worked for one day and then it stopped responding, then I feel that there might be some issue with the device. So I will suggest you to Restore the mobile phone to its factory settings. Restoring the device to the factory settings will roll back your mobile to its original settings when you were able to use the 3G service in your cellphone. You can find the restore settings option in the settings option of your Android phone.

According to me you should visit the nearest store of your mobile phone’s Service provider. The staff support available at the service center will be able to help you in activating the 3G service again in your system, if the service is currently deactivated in your HTC Sensation Smartphone. They will most probably solve your issue within few minutes. They just need to enter few Access Points and change few settings in your mobile, save them and the issue will be fixed.

The issue can also occur if your HTC Sensation Smartphone is having some kind of hardware issue with it. So, just to cross check the issue, I will suggest you to search for an HTC Store in your near by area and submit your HTC Sensation Smartphone to the following HTC Store and show the device to the staff available in the store. Ask them to check you device and tell if any issues are detected. If you having any issues, they will be able to solve it efficiently.

You will have to manually add the APN settings for your particular service provider. You can do so by going to the following path: Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names> New APN. You can set up as many APN’s as you wish to for your HTC Sensation mobile phone. For more settings contact your service provider or any authorized store of your service provider and take help from the staff present over there.

Thank you, for showing interest and for replying so quickly to my post. I really appreciate every efforts that you guys made inorder to help me come out of the following issue. So I just visited the nearest store of my service provider and the guy over there did something on my phone and I was able to use the 3G service again. Thanks for sharing the information with me guys. Also the suggestion of adding APN is just amazing.