Thread: Broken shortcuts of apps in HTC Sensation Smartphone

Broken shortcuts of apps in HTC Sensation Smartphone

It’s being just 2 weeks since I purchased my HTC Sensation Smartphone and it has started showing up issues with it. Recently I have noticed that few shortcuts on my home screen, are not responding and are not working at all. This issue arises every now and then. I am unable to understand what is causing this kind of problem with my mobile phone. No matter how hard I hit the icon, they won’t respond to my clicks. This is really irritating now and I seriously wish to get rid of the issue. Please someone with any suggestions help me solving the problem.

re: Broken shortcuts of apps in HTC Sensation Smartphone

You mentioned that the issue is occurring sometimes and sometimes it is working fine. SO I think mostly the issue is with the apps which are installed in your Micro SD card (memory card.) And the apps installed in the memory card are not responding to your taps because they might not be loaded. So, you should make sure that you give time to your cellphone to read and load the memory card complete after startup or when you insert your memory card. Once the onscreen memory check is complete you will be able to perform the task.

Thank you for replying but unfortunately the issue is not with the apps installed in the micro SD card, but the problem is occurring with the pre installed apps which came along with the mobile phone at the time of purchase. Yes, I am talking about apps like camera, music, Internet, message etc. Now they have completely stopped responding to my clicks. What should I do now? Does anyone have any solution for the following issue which I am going through? Please kindly help me.

According to me you should kill all the process running in the background by using the Task Manager app which is pre installed in the Android mobile phone. Clear the Ram and close all the applications as well. Then switch off the cellphone. Once you have switched off your HTC Sensation Smartphone, remove the battery of your device and even remove the Sim Card and the memory card. Wait for a while and reinsert everything and restart your system. Allow the phone to load normally and check whether you still face the issue?

The most useful solution according to me at this situation is to delete the apps which are not responding to your clicks from your HTC Sensation Smartphone and searching for them on Android market and reinstalling them in your mobile phone. Make sure that the Internet is working fine in your device. Connect your mobile phone to the Android Market and search for the following apps which are not working well in your device. Once you have detected the app, download the same in your system and install it.

Re: Broken shortcuts of apps in HTC Sensation Smartphone

I feel that your HTC Sensation mobile phone might be using an older version of Firmware software in it and it is in urgent need of upgradation. So, I will first suggest you to install the HTC PC Suite in your computer or laptop and then connect your cellphone to the somputer using the USB cable. One you have established the connection, you can easily search for the newest update available for your mobile phone and if you find one, then please install it in your system.

Re: Broken shortcuts of apps in HTC Sensation Smartphone

According to me there is some serious issue with your HTC Sensation Smartphone and it will be better if you take help from someone who is much more knowledgable regarding HTC mobile phones rather then you personally trying to fix the problem. If you yourself try to fix the issue, there are chances that you might end up damaging your cellphone more. So, I will suggest you to look for a HTC Store or any Authorized store for HTC and submit your device there for repairing.