Thread: Why do we need to register the hp products?

Why do we need to register the hp products?

Hello, few days back I had bought a new hp product and when I had on it I got the pop up saying that I need to register the product but I don’t want share my personal details and I don’t know why do we needed to register the product and what’s the use of registering it. Can anyone give the reason to do so? Please help me regarding this. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Why do we need to register the hp products?

Well ever user get the pop up in their new products and most of the people ignore it and they things it just a waste of time and don’t want to give their personal detail. But actually there are many advantages to register the product and some are which the people usually won’t consider. Well registering the product will actually provide you with the quick and efficient service. And whenever you call the technical support they will easily get the serial number and even the information regarding the warranty and they can provide you quick service.

Well registering the product will give you most out of your warranty especially when the machine had being gifted as you don’t have the proof so the registering the product will going to solidify the start date of your warranty and you can easily take an advantages of warranty and you don’t need to provide the whole information when you call the technical support and it will going to reduce the time for getting the proper solution.

Well registering the products will be going to give the daily alert for your products. But most of the people are just scared of flooding of mails and even the ads but I think those alert are really very helpful. For instance the hp has to issue the recall on the certain type of products then the register user will going to get more advantages in getting that and even get there problem solved quickly and even you can get the alerts for special offers and coupons.

I was having the hp pavilion dv7 and was stolen but I had registered my laptop when I had purchased it. I want to ask whether the registering will be going to help me with that. E.g. if anyone had tried to registered the product again on the hp web site would the hp will going to detect the serial number and would going to give me the notification and is there any way to recover my serial number of my registered laptop. Please suggest me regarding this.

Well just check out your warranty if it has included the lojack with it. If so then call the hp service support and they will surely going to help you a lot. Lojack is an every effective feature it is a security feature which help to track the notebook. I must if anyone buying the hp product they must include the lojack with their warranty as it’s a useful feature provided by the hp. Hope this information help you to get rid form this problem.