Thread: hard drive replacement for Compaq Presario cq50

hard drive replacement for Compaq Presario cq50

I think that I have started getting some problem with the Compaq Presario laptop that I am using the original hard-drive that I had just crashed without any error , I was not able to figure out the problem that made it to the crash I would further like to see the crash report that that was generated but there was no crash report that was generated , after that I ordered Vista system recovery as I have lost all my data and would not want to lose any more of it , I was also installed a new Western digital hard-drive with a 320 gb, but even after doing this my laptop won ‘t start

Re: hard drive replacement for Compaq Presario cq50

Can you please let show your configuration details as that might just help us to figure out your problem as we are not sitting here with a crystal ball in our hand to guess what problem system configuration that you are having there, (I am sorry for this) but, can’t you guys just post the system configuration along with the question that you are asking as that would save some critical time for the user s there.

I am extremely sorry for not posting my requirement below as I was not knowing the rules that were set for query user, well I have a system which includes a Intel Pentium dual core chip and my processor speed is 2.00ghz and bios version is f.24, I have sorted out the problem to some extend and came to know that there are it was vista system recovery that was causing this problem in my Presario cp-50 however the DVD blinks for a few seconds and then it again goes blanks.

Does the Hard-disk gets detected here , I mean if it does then the problem would not be with the /VISta system recovery tool , Check that by going to the CMOs settings main page in to there are if there is an reference is the hard-drive , if you just cannot do this ,then try going to the diagnostics section and the n runa primary hard-drive test and see if that would then be able to do this , I hope this at least take your problem to a bit easier level .

There is other way round to check if the hard-drive is really connected or no , when your system boots up just go to the BIOS and then system configuration menu and then go to the Boot options and check if the hard-disk that you are using is detected or at least stated there and then make you DVD drive as the 1 boot device in the sequence / priority setting s of your drive this might just help you to get your problem solved and see if them the your system works

Well setting back the bios setting just helped me out there are many things that are there, there are many things that work here, I mean the bios one worked just perfect for me that are there , I think there are I would further like to find some other way to find this out , thanks for all the effort s and the time you took to comment here .